VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

My sister in law her golf v 2005 2litre tdi estate developed something weird in the dashboard cluster.
When the left index light is on, the right index light in the dash also softly blinks. Same the other way around. Also when seatbelt light is on, the empty fuel light comes on too. And I think the abs and cruise control light also play along. Coupled to others.

So lamps join in uninvited!
Anyone have an idea what to do about this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 VW Rabbit, MT, 3-door
168 Posts
corrosion?
seems to me like current finds its way around the dashboard and can short circuit some of the lamps
for blinkers (is that index light?) - it might be same thing, but more related to the relay?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not only the turn signals. Like i said its also the seatbelt light and fuel light which are on or off together. So i dont think its turn stalk related. More cluster related.

Reading codes sais nothing.

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Ok RT tool how about posting the full scan so we can see what it all shows, the shop will be able to send you the log even if they did not save it in the Logs folder because RT by default will save all auto scans to a Scans folder because they were tried of hearing "Oh I did not save it", do let the shop tell you they dont have it unless they purposely went to the Scans folder and cleared it out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It gave no error at all on the dash cluster. i have seen check happening at the garage.
And it works fine. Its just that some lights now seem to be connected to each other somehow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts