VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Golf V6 4MOTION or GTI 1.8 TURBO

Right guys i am looking for a new Golf I was wanting an R32 but the pocket cannot stretch that much lol. Therefore I have got my sights set on a v6 4motion , or a GTI 1.8T
Which one would be the best one to get, i quite like the idea of the v6 having 4 wheel drive along with six gears etc etc, but is itfaster than a 1,8t AND the main daddy of a question can you get any superchargers/turbos for the v6

·
Banned
32,385 Posts
Re: Golf V6 4MOTION or GTI 1.8 TURBO (sunny1986)

the euro spec V6 is not the same as US/NA spec V6....READ the FAQ's..and SEARCH. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

Before anyone goes crazy, this guy is in Europe. He CAN get a 4mo.
To answer your last question, YES, you can get S/C and Turbo packages for the VR6.

Dangit Larry. You are faster than Mak to these.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Golf V6 4MOTION or GTI 1.8 TURBO (Karnuts)

Sounds good already, i'll have to phone JABBASPORT up tomorrow to find out what they are charging and if they can do it.
I know the 4 motion is around 204 bhp standard. if i was to put a supercharger/turbo what is the max bhp I can get from it?? Could it be faster than an r32 (standard).
I have been looking around on the forum and some people are getting 304bhp from the VR6 engine, this does mean that it uses the same engine from the mk3 golf/jetta
I never know you could not the the 4 motion in the US!

·
Registered
415 Posts

Quote, originally posted by sunny1986 »

I never know you could not the the 4 motion in the US!

would you consider an R 32 to be a four motion v6
thats our version i guess

·
18,972 Posts
Re: Golf V6 4MOTION or GTI 1.8 TURBO (DTMazian)

R32 would be a 4 motion VR6

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^That R32 WITH 420 BHP VERY NICE :>. They have got the parts for the v6 4motion but i feel that importing them to the UK would be very pricey

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Re: (sunny1986)

Quote, originally posted by sunny1986 »
suppose but we got the r32 as well.
Would u have a v64motion or a 1.8t GTI

a V6 4 motion any day of the week. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went to go and see a v 6 4motion witha price tag of £7.5k GBP. Registrted in 2001
It was quite nice had full service history, and no rust anyhwhere on the car. The only concern I do have about it is the mileage is around 75k would you oot consider this to be a problem

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Re: (sunny1986)

If you KNOW that you WILL turbo/supercharge it then get the VR6 4 Motion by all means. If not then the 1.8T will kill the VR6 with a LOT less money.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Re: (GT-ER)

an .:R32 with 240bhp is supposed to put down 175whp so the V6 that you can get with 201bhp is deffinately gonna be slow... but it has the potential to handle more power and handle better. If you got the V6 4-motion and supercharged it, you'd probably spend close to what you'd spend on an .:R32.... so just get the .:R32 and you wouldnt loose as much money when you sell it...

or buy the 1.8t and just do all the bolt ons and enjoy it, and spend much less money...

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
Re: (klee)

OK guys... a V6 4 motion is not a VR6, those are two different engines. The VR6 did come in a 4motion over here though, and is not an R32. The R32 has a 3.2 liter and a haldex. I dont think the regular 4 motion uses a haldex. (not positive but I am pretty sure)
Ok... now If I were you man, Id get the 4 motion. For the price, you'll be happy. BUT the fuel milage isnt going to be as good as the 1.8T and I know you guys up north arent getting the best prices on fuel.

·
Registered
34,109 Posts
Re: (Scurvy Bandit)

Quote, originally posted by Scurvy Bandit »
OK guys... a V6 4 motion is not a VR6, those are two different engines. The VR6 did come in a 4motion over here though, and is not an R32. The R32 has a 3.2 liter and a haldex. I dont think the regular 4 motion uses a haldex. (not positive but I am pretty sure)
Ok... now If I were you man, Id get the 4 motion. For the price, you'll be happy. BUT the fuel milage isnt going to be as good as the 1.8T and I know you guys up north arent getting the best prices on fuel.

all AWD on the A4 platform are Haldex, whether it's a 4Motion (Golf/Jetta) or Quattro (TT/A3/S3)

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Re: (CT Dub12)

right, but that doesnt go for say the passats and A4s right??? Im pretty sure those engines look entirely different.
Hoping to learn something here..hehe

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Re: (CT Dub12)

Quote, originally posted by CT Dub12 »
not true, all V6 4 motions are 24v VR6 engines, we get the same engine here in the GLI and GTI but no 4 motion drivetrain

wrong. the v6 4-motion that is available to him is NOT a "VR6"

the VR has an angle or 15 degrees, the v6 4-motion is just like anyother v6...

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Re: (The Brad Inc.)

OK now that makes sense to me. I thought that the 4 motion was a non-VR6 if there was ever a term.

hehe this is great. Anyway, is there anybody on these boards that has a 4 motion V6 Jetta In the US that was built from the factory?????
That might make things easy. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 37 Posts