VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
18,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you read my topic in the MKIV forum about my body shop visit you will understand. In a nutshell I was quotes 597.83 to fill the hood notch and like 700 to delete the VW emblem from the trunk. This was at V&J coachworks in Paoli. Its my friends dads place and they do alot of old cars (restorations) and they do very quality work but they think that I could never get the trunk smooth, there will always be an indent. So I was wondering if anyone knows of a good body shop to do these two things. Right now I'm just getting estimates and I won't have the cash for a while I just want to know how much I will need. Thanks.

· Registered
4,081 Posts
Re: Good body shop in Chester County - anyone know? (Vdub12)

3d auto in downingtown they do good work although a little pricey, i got a friend who will do the body work but wont paint it, to make the emblem really smooth they should weld in a metal circle sand it flush and then use a small skim of bondo on it, and the hood notch i would think weld, bent metal customs in lansdale also has done some nice work i have seen sorry dont know prices though-jason

· Registered
1,665 Posts
Re: Good body shop in Chester County - anyone know? (jasonknezo)

my friend work for brandywine coach works in west chester ( i think that's were it is located and i know he does side work, he really good i know that he put on a wide body kit on a mkiv i think the kids name was Scott Crawford who's car it was put on. i know he would be able to give you a quote. im me for his info.

· Registered
711 Posts
Re: Good body shop in Chester County - anyone know? (Grogthefrog)

Call Dan Vauhan at Brandywine Coachworks. Tell him Erik Haas Sent you. I send him all my company's work(brandywine Porsche). He does a great job, good price and is very efficent!
610-344-0800

· Registered
711 Posts
Re: Good body shop in Chester County - anyone know? (Grogthefrog)

Quote, originally posted by Grogthefrog »
Doughertys in west chester does only Swedish and German cars. I've taken my car there many times. Their number is 610-692-6039.

greg,
Doughertys is just a repair shop. i should know i used to work there.. They sublet the work out to brandywine coachworks.
E.

· Registered
18,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Good body shop in Chester County - anyone know? (vego99)

I called brandywine and they said its not worth it and its expensive to do and the guy you know was on vacation. I called 3D Auto they're very nice and they know what I want to do and they were very helpful, thanks Jason.

· Registered
3,918 Posts

Just whatever you do, DON'T take your car to Delphais Collision on Nields street. Bad experiences and 2 other friends on separate ocasions had a bad experience. not worth it.

· Registered
543 Posts

go to basil's auto body in philly
he did all my work
yamaha gas cap, filled wiper hole, filled fender light holes
and some other stuff
its been over 3years and it still looks great
tell him Lou with the white gti sent you
good luck

· Registered
459 Posts
Re: Good body shop in Chester County - anyone know? (jasonknezo)

Quote, originally posted by jasonknezo »
3d auto in downingtown they do good work although a little pricey, i got a friend who will do the body work but wont paint it, to make the emblem really smooth they should weld in a metal circle sand it flush and then use a small skim of bondo on it, and the hood notch i would think weld, bent metal customs in lansdale also has done some nice work i have seen sorry dont know prices though-jason

3D does incredible work, but they are very pricey. They warranty their work for life though. Whenever I need work done and insurance is paying, I take my car there. You might want to check out Worrels (sp?) autobody in eagle/chester springs. They have done some work for me recently and they don't charge much at all. For instance, I was charged $200 to paint the lower plastic moulding all the way around on my car, while other shops were quoting me anywhere from $400-$1000.

· Registered
4,290 Posts
Re: Good body shop in Chester County - anyone know? (Jo2)

coachworks is the best, hands down. 3d is good, they did a $7500 repair to my mk3 gti after a nasty sideswipe. work came out very well, although it took twice the time they originally said. and delphias is on union, not neilds. dougherty's is on e. neilds, but they do not do body work as vego has already stated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.