VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my R yesterday and temporarily got a cheap cover from Autozone that fits like crap. My google-fu keeps giving me major auto parts wholesellers that offer the same one size fits all crap covers. Any recommendations? The search function gave me some MkIV covers but I didn't see the R in there. Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you order through vwcarcovers.com, it places an order with a company called CoverKing.

www.coverking.com

It's easier just to go to their site and order a cover. I bought the sun shield with the VW logo. I think you can get a logo on the car cover too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Be careful with covers

Just a word of warning. Almost every car I have seen that was covered regularly (even with the high quality covers) has fine scratches in the paint. The problem is that, unless the car and the cover are perfectly clean, small dirt particles will be trapped between the cover and the paint, and will get "dragged around" on the paint surface as the cover is installed or removed. Being very careful not to slide it when installing or removing the cover helps a lot, as do a clean car and a clean and soft cover. But it is difficult to avoid this problem in the real world. For this reason, I choose not to cover my car, and just try to wash it properly often. Of course, I have the luxury of being able to keep it in my garage when not driving it.
So, be careful when using covers. And of course, if you do use one, make sure that it "breathes" so moisture can't get trapped underneath it, and that you keep it clean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.