VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good chip and cam for the 2.0 Golf IV? I want to add a few more hp and not sure what is good or bad. Any help would be good
thanks

·
Registered
12,171 Posts
Re: Good Chip and good Cam for 99.5 golf 2.0 (flavin)

Dude I had a hell of a time trying to get a decent cam to work in my 2.0 in my NB. Seems the new system is so picky that anything much more than stock causes CELs and sometimes a weird limp mode. I got so tired of trying to get my 2.0 to run better I decided to sell it. Sorry to bring bad news but it seems like they are having much more luck with the Superchargers on the 2.0s in the MK4s than any other kind of tuning.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts

Without opening up the motor, I've enjoyed the performance and sound I have from my P-Flow, ABD Big Bore, and Remus application-specific exhaust with a TDI no-resonator mid-pipe. I don't think the Big Bore is good for any hp, but this set-up sounds sweet and pulls pretty strong. Plus, you never have to run any risks from doing mods to the internals.
Eric

·
Registered
668 Posts
Re: Good Chip and good Cam for 99.5 golf 2.0 (vwbora1)

i remember jettared saying that he doesn't have any problems with his
neuspeed 256 cam. i'm not sure what type of chip he has tho.
Sappa

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Good Chip and good Cam for 99.5 golf 2.0 (vwbora1)

I have the P-Flo and ful cat back exhaust and Im not looking for sound, Im Looking for power. Im not spending the money on a tubo or S/C

·
Registered
12,171 Posts

flavin, dude you should call TechTonics and ask about cams. The reason no one has issues with the NS 256 cam is because its very close to stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts