VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fri night the stupid little latch for the armrest snapped and the spring and latch popped out. I hate having little things like that wrong with my car, so Mon I went to the local VW parts department and asked how much for the part. I did not think trim was covered under warranty, but it turned out that it was. The catch was this; someone from VW had to install it. The kid at the counter actually asked if I would schedule an appointment to have someone fix it, I could'nt help but laugh. In order for me to not pay for the part and be on my way. I would have to take time out of work and drop my car off to get a $3 part. The parts manager realized that the entire ordeal was ridiculous and they got a guy on it in two shakes of a lambs tail, but it all seemed like there is a little too much bureaucracy in the VW parts/warranty program. Any comparable stories?

· Registered
2,334 Posts
Re: (vDuB01WE)

all dealers are like that. on my Jeep, my seats were wearing badly, but covered under warranty. they would replace them. turned out, the dealer didnt have an upolstry guy, so they farmed out the work to some shop like 15 miles away. i instead offered to drive down to the other shop and watch them do it.
any kind of warranty work has to be done by factory train techs to maintain the warranty on the work and part.

· Registered
13,422 Posts
Re: (thegoodson)

Quote, originally posted by thegoodson »

any kind of warranty work has to be done by factory train techs to maintain the warranty on the work and part.

and that is why the need for the appointment..

· Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess that makes sence, but it struck me as odd that I would have to make an appointment for such a tiny, I can do it myself, part. Oh well thanks for the inputs. Off to the 'black hole' with this thread...

· Registered
10,976 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Except it wasn't covered under warrenty. So after I pick up the part, he asked when I want to come in and get it installed.
Are you kidding me??? Tis coming from a tech who knew I replaced all of the soft touch trim in my car myself. I suppose some people would want it installed profesionally - but seriously. I gave him the part number to order!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.