·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What junkyards do you all use in the Northern Va / DC Metro area use for
scrounging up A1 parts specifically or VW parts in general? I've got an '82
Rabbit Pickup that I'm working on, and which I eventually will need to start
hunting down parts for.
This is my first restoration job, and I'm not familiar with what's in the area.
Thanks.

[Modified by Beowulf, 9:11 AM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
Re: Good Junkyards in NoVa / DC Metro area (eurotrashrabbit)

me too!!! i wanna go lol. im tryin to get up there this weekend....i hope i can just to chill and everything, but the next week ill be done with finals and commin up to nova to wreak havoc and sorrow in the hearts of all the boy-ricers up in nova for my winter break which lasts till the 14 of jan

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Good Junkyards in NoVa / DC Metro area (eurotrashrabbit)

Cool. I'm dropping some ****e over on ebay to scrap together some cash.
I'll give you a call probably next weekend. For some reason, instant messaging doesn't seem to work for me. I got your IM, and replied, but nothing seemed to happen.

[Modified by Beowulf, 5:53 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Good Junkyards in NoVa / DC Metro area (Beowulf)

I sent EuroTrashRabbit an IM about this.
I'll be off work on Wednesday and hope to have all my cash in hand from the ebay ****e. Would anyone be interested in heading over to Sonny's? If you all can't get off work, do you have directions to Sonny's? I'll be heading there early afternoon from the Fair Oaks area (where I have a Drs appt).
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts

I came from PA and when I moved down here I was very suprise not to find junkyards like in PA. There are a few places in and around York, PA that have parts. One place had a nice 4door jetta just sitting in the middle of a bunch of Chevy's....I keep wanting to go save it.
The salvage yard in Leesburg has somethings every so often. 3 yrs ago they had a 16v Scricco just dropped off there because it wouldn't pass inspection. do its hit or miss with them.
What parts might you be looking for? I've got a few extra pickup parts laying around?
want a set of 13" steel wheels? they are free, come and get'em.

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Re: Good Junkyards in NoVa / DC Metro area (83caddy16v)

wednesday?
friday or even thursday would be 100% better!
Is this the place you're talking about?
SONNY'S AUTO PARTS
12256 Rixeyville Rd
Culpeper,VA 22701
(540) 825-2571

[Modified by Jesse, 10:39 PM 12-9-2001]

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Good Junkyards in NoVa / DC Metro area (83caddy16v)

I'm mainly going to:
a) scope the place out, since I don't have a real good idea of what parts I need for my Caddy
b) pick up a couple little things for my A3 Jetta (I need new plastic door lock thingies and a new passenger side front wheel well cover)
It's got to be Wednesday for me, since that's the only time I'll have free for the next several weeks. Sorry. Thanks for the address. Yahoo Maps puts it just north of Culpeper on Rt 229. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
3,408 Posts

When you headed to Sonnys? I was thinkin about goin out there tomorrow. Maybe wendsday.
Is sunnys pick and pull?
Hows there A2 selection?
Wanna meet up?
Wheres lovettsville?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Good Junkyards in NoVa / DC Metro area (Dieder)

I'm heading out Wednesday from Fair Oaks Mall (where I have a Drs appointment). We can arrange a hookup out there if you want.
Lovettsville is (more or less) in the northern tip of Loudoun County. After about 9:00 tomorrow morning, though, I won't be there.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Good Junkyards in NoVa / DC Metro area (Dieder)

Sonny's worked out well. There were 3 Pickups there and I, er, ETRabbit and Dieder were able to get the rear sliding window out.
Sonny's overall was light on the VWs, but there were the 3 aforementioned Pickups, a bunch of rabbits and a couple of A2s. I saw about 3 or 4 Quantums to.
Thanks again to Matt & Dieder for the help!

[Modified by Beowulf, 6:20 AM 12-13-2001]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.