VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! As the title says. I'm looking for any reputable VR6 technicians to do a Timing chain job for me in the SoCal area.

I've contacted Pacific German (Irvine) and Four Seasons Tuning (OC). PG gave me a quote. But I was wondering if anybody on here has experience with either of these shops or can recommend one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Auto Union Tuning
15631 Graham St, Huntington Beach, CA 92649

The shops you mentioned are rated very good by most people I have encountered, btw.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. So far they have been the "cheapest" quote.

AUT- $2600 for basic timing chain job nothing else included. Also stated it could be much more depending on what they "find" wrong.

I dont even think they added all the seals and gaskets. So could actually be up to $3000.

FST- $3,800 added water pump, fuel injector cleaning, aluminum crack pipe, new seals, and gaskets.

PG - $4,000 added aluminum crack pipe and thermostat housing, new seals, and gaskets.

Also stated they can "play with the price a little bit" if I'm serious.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its far but not somewhere I'm not willing to go for a 3k+ job. I'll call them up see what they have to offer. Thanks for the recommendation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts