VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I caught some of it this afternoon right before they went off their live feed. I'm going to watch the replay tonight. I :love: FOS. Between Nascar,Indycar,WRC & Goodwood ,my weekend viewing schedule is booked!

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent & 2022 Ford F150 (ordered)
4,231 Posts
I'll watch some of the coverage on YouTube once it's posted. I see Pastrana was ripping in the new Gymkhana GL VSC built and I just saw this morning he crashed out on the rally stages with his stage car.

The collection of vehicles that attend Goodwood is just completely insane in the best way possible.

·
Registered
41,770 Posts
I just learned of this thing today.

Active aero powered by two fans give this thing over two tons of downforce at 0 MPH. I can't find the clip I was looking for that had another 10 seconds before the launch, but hearing those fans spool up before launch was amazing

edit - found it

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
I watched it Friday and Saturday (then Pikes Peak on Sunday) - always a great event. I'll have to go in person one of these days. That McMurty was crazy fast, and they said there is more power/speed to be had in it too!

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
I just learned of this thing today.

Active aero powered by two fans give this thing over two tons of downforce at 0 MPH. I can't find the clip I was looking for that had another 10 seconds before the launch, but hearing those fans spool up before launch was amazing

edit - found it
I saw a snippet of this on IG and didn't pay any attention to it. This is incredible. 👍

·
Registered
17,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Watching that McMurty is nuts, the sound plus how small it is makes it look like some kind of RC car zooming along.
it was so quick to watch and comprehend on the screen, so I can only imagine what it was line in person or driving.

·
Registered
16,793 Posts
M3 touring tagged a hay bale. And the Ranger Raptor looked pretty playful on the road. I’ll have to find the videos and post them here.

The turnaround at the top of the hill: at 8:05 Raptor slid better than a lot of the supercars lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts