VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have Goodyear Fortera TripleTreds on my Treg and they have performed outstanding in all conditions (snow, ice, rain and blazing hot summers). I live the NE, but have taken many long (and sometimes high-speed) road trips and I could not be happier with these tires. They are at 40k+ and wearing down evenly. I will be going back on with a new set of the same with no hesitation.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Re: Goodyear tires (StevenSH)

Regardles of what type of Goodyears they are, that price is no bargain for a set of tires. You could do a lot better if you shopped around. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Re: Goodyear tires (miraclewhips)

I have heard some GREAT things about the Fortera Triple Treads. If those are the tires --- go for it.
If they are the HP's.... they're not a bad tire --- but holy crap do they get loud after about 18k miles.

·
Registered
340 Posts

Installed a set of Eagle LS2's six months ago and they are great. Take into account I live in SoCal
Much quieter than the two sets of Conti's previous and very cost effective. My tire guy who I have been going to since 1973 got them on special from Goodyear for just under $600. And they are N rated and approved for Porsche and VW all wheel applications. Nothing fancy but great for my wife.
The R32 and the Porsche get the sticky tires...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/...+LS-2

Modified by Eilig at 12:38 PM 11-26-2008

·
Registered
71 Posts

I haven't heard many that like the Wrangler line, especially on a performance SUV. We have a set of Eagle Response Edge touring tires on our XC90 and I've been pretty impressed with even their ability to handle terrain and winter conditions that I didn't expect them to handle. We are only going to get about 30K miles out of them though - just like the Michelins that came on the vehicle. There are people on this forum and people I know personally that love the Fortera line and in particular the Tripletreads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.