1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
36,377 Posts
I feel like mystic paint is one of the most 90s things for a car and that looks like one of the highest quality color shifting paint jobs I've ever seen. I like it, and given that the R34 is a classic 90s car, it suits it perfectly.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Beautiful car and beautiful shots.

Here's one thing I've never understood about the R34's styling: the wheel arches.

The front fenders flare in a circular manner. The rear fenders flare in a horizontal manner. I love flared fenders but it's strange that there is this stylistic difference front to back. I know horizontal flares can be hard to incorporate in the front due to less space, but still this seem stylistically incongruent.

·
Registered
2013 MINI JCW, 2020 Bolt, 2002 Suburban 2500
20,254 Posts

Here's one thing I've never understood about the R34's styling: the wheel arches.

The front fenders flare in a circular manner. The rear fenders flare in a horizontal manner. I love flared fenders but it's strange that there is this stylistic difference front to back. I know horizontal flares can be hard to incorporate in the front due to less space, but still this seem stylistically incongruent.
it's a nod to the original's flares, which were round in the front, and had a horizontal component to the rear bodywork:

Even the R32 had a bit of that front/rear difference:

·
Registered
'93 940, '17 NPS50, '17 GSW 4mo
4,519 Posts

It's how the body lines have gone starting with the R32.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Awesome pictures! I've always had a soft spot for the R34. The purple makes it that much cooler.

That's a neat part of the city to take pictures, too. I have a friend that used to live in the Bottom, and I always like the feel of the neighborhood.

·
Registered
10,131 Posts
Great shots! Excellent color-grab

As an R32 owner, this is the only thing I dislike about the car too.

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
This is the best looking R34 I've ever seen. If this were a 4 door, and for sale, I'd off load so much to try to afford it. :eek:

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As much as I loved R34's from photos before, it truly looks even better in person. And I have always been a sucker for purple with BMW Daytona violet being my favorite but midnight purple II is hands down the best color I have ever seen and when I get my Stagea in 2 years, I will 100% do an R34 front end swap and paint the car MP II. I feel like I just can't wait for them to be legal and may buy one next year to store in Japan while I wait.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.