VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i told my brother that if i dont clock a 13.9 or faster....or trap over a 100mph tomorow night, that i am gonna sell my sr20'd 180sx for $5,000 or trade cars for his 1991 s13. so he is all stoked cause he thinks i aint gonna do it, and its his chance to own my car. last week the best time he seen me do is a 14.1 @ 99mph
what he doesnt know is that i just got done installing a booster MSD in-line fuel pump and my greddy boost controller. so help me god that 14psi will bring me into the 13's or trap over a 100 mph.
the catch is that if my car breaks, it dont count...BUT i cant use race gas, slicks or anything else. damn, my clutch is slipping bad too. gonna be interesting......cheee!!!

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Re: got a bet going on at the tracks tomorow..... (SR-DoPe)

good luck man. 14psi thats almost double what you were running last week right? clutch is going to slip more now! but i think you can do it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Re: got a bet going on at the tracks tomorow..... (runhopskipendub)

I might be there. My cousin wants to run his turbo crx for the first time. If I see you i'll say wassup. I think i'll bring my Honda
instead of the dub.
Peace
Ken

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: got a bet going on at the tracks tomorow..... (Deceptacon)

well me and my gf just came back from doing some test runs and setting the boost controller. so far so good, the clutch has been cooperating with me, atleast for now. i set the boost controller to have 8psi in 1st, 10psi in 2nd, and 13.5psi in 3rd and 4th.
after the first run in 2nd gear i was like
haha. but yeah car feels definately like a 13 sec car. i still got some messing around to do with the boost controller.
ken - yeah come by and say wasup. cant miss me, ill have the wacked yellow hair with a red-hat. shoots, see you at the tracks, peace

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Re: got a bet going on at the tracks tomorow..... (SR-DoPe)

hey I'll be there, my friend and his focous wants another chance at beating me
... Automagic Focous vs. 5sp Golf, and from wat TAI says, I'm the fastest 2.0 Golf right now, but I dont think so. Maybe in the mk3 standings since the mk3's are dying down. But I think Franco got faster then me

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Re: got a bet going on at the tracks tomorow..... (DaBigKaleo003)

Quote, originally posted by DaBigKaleo003 »
hey I'll be there, my friend and his focous wants another chance at beating me
... Automagic Focous vs. 5sp Golf, and from wat TAI says, I'm the fastest 2.0 Golf right now, but I dont think so. Maybe in the mk3 standings since the mk3's are dying down. But I think Franco got faster then me

Can I race you in my lil brother's focus?

·
Registered
21,570 Posts
Re: got a bet going on at the tracks tomorow..... (EPITOME808)

that damn focus is gettin faster everytime i see it. 15.5 i hear it goes now.. not bad at all.
$5k?? i'll buy it!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Re: got a bet going on at the tracks tomorow..... (III)

aha, jence did a little interview thing on the 10:00 news on Channel 2 at the tracks...of course about racing and the accident this morning.

·
Registered
21,570 Posts
Re: got a bet going on at the tracks tomorow..... (yilverA4)

lmao i saw that also...
called him up, he also got pulled over for no recon on the way home. LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: got a bet going on at the tracks tomorow..... (III)

well i won the bet. i didnt do any 13's, but i trapped over a 100. wheew!! i can keep my car.
haha that news thing. all my friends have been callin me up about it. i wish they showed the whole thing.....it was classic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts