VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get one and wanted to know here i can find info on them. Like what parts fit off of other models and things like that. Also any pointers/tips for owners, or who used to own.
Any year better than others, and special models to look for? What motors swaps in easiest with most power, what other car suspension can I swap to it?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Re: Got a few questions about Caddy's (TT Quattro 00)

What are you looking to do with it? Do you want a gas or diesel? Do you want a good ride or handling or both?
All Caddys are pretty much the same. The 1980 Model has a different front end and uses many options from the 1970s Rabbits, such as German fuses and a completely different interior. A Caddy is a Rabbit Pickup, so all A1 and most A2 VW parts are interchangable.
Please ask some specific questions and I will be happy to answer them. I own 4 Caddys and have done 4 different types of Engine Swaps (Diesel and Gas), so not much is new to me.
RW

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Got a few questions about Caddy's (RyanWankel)

I want to go gas as I want some decent power out of it. I don't want it to ride really rough but some what is except able if it will handle well. I am looking to have a fun little truck to cruise in from time to time. I would love to swap in a new turbo/supercharger motor if possible.
What motor options do I have to do not require a total custom mounting system to get it to work.
Do you have any sites other than this one I can read over to gain some knowledge? I posted a few pics of some trucks I like and want to shoot for something similar.

Other than the bed cover, I really like this one.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (RyanWankel)

Quote, originally posted by RyanWankel »
Give me a call directly, as it seems you have a lot of questions. 217-371-0981
Ryan

I will when i have a few mins to sit down and chat.

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Re: (TT Quattro 00)

like any MK I... easiest and most effective swap is a 16v...and the possibilities are endless with that... 16vT..(search jeebus... his 16vT rabbit is at 300 WHEEL hp.... so more then enough power lol). 16v Supercharged (using components out of a G60)...
G60 swaps are also possible but there is quite a few modifications needed as the engine sits the other way
1.8T swaps are also possible but those too require some paitience
i like most of the pics you posted except the one with the MK II bumper... that dosn't look so good....
my 2 cents ofcourse http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.