VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been eyeballing this aiudi cuope gt...its an 85 with an in line 5 cyl engine...im assuming it is mounted transverse cause it is FWD.
here's the question....
are these cars in any way similar to sciroccos...are the parts interchangeable?? aside from the engine, are they similar?? also are parts expensive?

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Re: got a question about audi coupes..are they similar to 'rocc's (16vnotchback)

I had a friend that had one when I had my 83 Scirocco. They have nothing in common that I know of. Not bad cars, but my Roc would run circles around it.

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Re: got a question about audi coupes..are they similar to 'rocc's (brilliantyellowg60)

quote:[HR][/HR]slow unless it is a turbo, then pretty fast[HR][/HR]​
The turbos are rare finds and definitely worth pursuing (buy it).

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Re: got a question about audi coupes..are they similar to 'rocc's (VWhombre)

I've driven an '86 Commemorative edition and it was as fast as an 8V scirocco. The old Audi coupe to get is a UR quattro circa 1983. One of my favorite cars.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Re: got a question about audi coupes..are they similar to 'rocc's (pastpargolf)

There is a black '87 I think not far from me in mint shape. Has under 70k I think. Hmm, don't think it's a turbo though. Gonna check it out. I thought they were rare regardless if they have a turbo or not.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Re: got a question about audi coupes..are they similar to 'rocc's (Turbodub17)

The only thing the CGT and Rocco share is that they're both German coupes. Beyond that, though, they're totally different. The CGT's 5-cyl is longitudinally mounted, and never came in turbo or quattro form in the US. There were some quattro CGTs in Europe, but they were never turbo. Parts are not interchangeable between the cars, and it's a lot more expensive to tune the I-5. They're very solid, fun cars, just watch out for the ones that have the digital dash, that thing's a nightmare when it goes bad.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Re: got a question about audi coupes..are they similar to 'rocc's (Evilclown)

The 1983 Turbo Quattro Coupe is EXTREMELY rare to say the least! There were only something like 620 imported that year, so who knows how many actually still exist. I actually tried to buy one before my scirocco but the guy backed out last minute (very last minute actually) and it's a shame b/c the car just sits behind a VW/Audi/Porsche dealership up against a fence with no protection from the elements. The car has around 70k ORIGINAL miles on it too! silver with black leather (pretty rare combo from what i understand)... the car's been sitting for like 10 yrs now though so i doubt anything less than a full resto would do it justice, last time i saw it the dash was cracked, the paint faded, tires all flat... it fired up though!
as for the non turbo I-5 C-GT's i wouldn't bother... theyre slow cars! and in order to get any real power out of them it'd be big money... IMO

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Re: got a question about audi coupes..are they similar to 'rocc's (Evilclown)

quote:[HR][/HR]The only thing the CGT and Rocco share is that they're both German coupes. Beyond that, though, they're totally different. The CGT's 5-cyl is longitudinally mounted, and never came in turbo or quattro form in the US. There were some quattro CGTs in Europe, but they were never turbo. Parts are not interchangeable between the cars, and it's a lot more expensive to tune the I-5. They're very solid, fun cars, just watch out for the ones that have the digital dash, that thing's a nightmare when it goes bad.[HR][/HR]​
Ahhh the UR quattro and the MK2 roccos look very simular and they were a 10 valve 5 cyl turbo. Came this (ll) to buying one, kicking myself in the balls.

·
Registered
9,672 Posts
Re: got a question about audi coupes..are they similar to 'rocc's (pastpargolf)

Nope, CGT is a B2 car which is similar to the Quantum and Audi 4000. I have a Quantum though.

·
Banned
2,754 Posts
Re: got a question about audi coupes..are they similar to 'rocc's (Aw614)

hence the CGT had an identical front end like a 4K http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts