VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a photographed ticket at yonge + finch intersection concering "failure to stop at a red light" infraction...
The story is, it was 2am, the light was red, and the road was clear.....and I forgot to stop completely before making the right turn (was going 29km/h thru the turn).
The fine is only 190 bucks, but it's not the fine that's bothering me, its the insurnace company that will see this ticket and increase my premium!!!
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
Now, should I seek traffic law firms or should I go to court on my own?? but they have photographed evidence against me...so what should I do??
Note: I wasn't running a red, i was making a right turn and was pretty sure the road was clear of cars/pedestrians.
thanks for the help in advance!!!

[Modified by BananaCo, 6:43 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
834 Posts
Re: Got a red light ticket!!! TORONTO area people PLEASE HELP!!! ***** (BananaCo)

Hey, go to Points and ask them to get a lawyer to represent you.....Running a traffic light is a Major infraction..I would definately try to keep that ticket off my record...
Good Luck

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Re: Got a red light ticket!!! TORONTO area people PLEASE HELP!!! ***** (MrGTI)

Get it reduced..but next time dont forget to stop for a red!!

·
Registered
15,173 Posts
Re: Got a red light ticket!!! TORONTO area people PLEASE HELP!!! ***** (2lowA4)

quote:[HR][/HR]and I forgot to stop completely before making the right turn (was going 29km/h thru the turn).[HR][/HR]​
29km/h?
Isn't that 18mph?
That's pretty fast for 'just forgetting to stop'

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Re: Got a red light ticket!!! TORONTO area people PLEASE HELP!!! ***** (BananaCo)

You can try and fight it, but what are the chances that anything can happen.
After all they do have the photograph.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Re: Got a red light ticket!!! TORONTO area people PLEASE HELP!!! ***** (alman)

Sorry man, but my driveway is right beside a stop sign where people 'forget' to stop and roll through at 30km/h...meaning I almost get creamed about 3 times a week. I'm having a hard time dragging up any sympathy.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts

I think you may be mistaken about it going on your D/L. The ticket goes against the car not the driver as they can't say who was driving. Check this out first.
2ndly you drove through a red so you're busted. They don't care that it was 2am or the road was clear. You broke the law and were caught, I HIGHLY doubt they'll toss this easy meal out of court.
Call the ministry and get the facts and then go from there.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Re: Got a red light ticket!!! TORONTO area people PLEASE HELP!!! ***** (Lexi)

Very little sympathy here when you blew the light at that speed.
But no matter what time it is there is no excuse, you can still get creamed at that time of the night. And there's a chance it'll be a drunk that won't even slow down.

·
Registered
10,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Got a red light ticket!!! TORONTO area people PLEASE HELP!!! ***** (ClownCar)

quote:[HR][/HR]Sorry man, but my driveway is right beside a stop sign where people 'forget' to stop and roll through at 30km/h...meaning I almost get creamed about 3 times a week. I'm having a hard time dragging up any sympathy.[HR][/HR]​
I know...i know...i don't approve people who ignore stop signs too...i wasn't trying to run a red, i NEVER do, but this happened because i was rushing to a place cuz i left my wallet there (doh!)
sigh, forgetful me...
I guess i'm going to find a ticket fighter to fight it off. a friend of mine has his ticket dismissed since the ticket fighter helped him out. dunno how they do that tho

·
Registered
3,204 Posts

you DON"T lose points when you get a photo ticket, you just pay the hefty fine!
You can go to court and plead 'guilty with an explanation' and try to get the fine
reduced. Also, do contact traffic lawyers and see what's the best they could do.

·
Registered
E82M Coupe, A177 A35 Hatch
5,039 Posts
Re: Got a red light ticket!!! TORONTO area people PLEASE HELP!!! ***** (GTI-Gabe)

quote:[HR][/HR]you DON"T lose points when you get a photo ticket, you just pay the hefty fine!

You can go to court and plead 'guilty with an explanation' and try to get the fine
reduced. Also, do contact traffic lawyers and see what's the best they could do.[HR][/HR]​
I see you're experienced at running red lights.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Re: Got a red light ticket!!! TORONTO area people PLEASE HELP!!! ***** (MrRoboto)

No experience at running red lights here

I just find it interesting how the city tries to make money, without making
its people angry enough to have them boycott the idea. Actually, the reason
for not taking points away has to do with the camera not being a witness (or
something like that)

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Re: Got a red light ticket!!! TORONTO area people PLEASE HELP!!! ***** (GTI-Gabe)

[mr. mackey] running red lights is bad mmmmmmmkay? [mr. mackey]

·
Registered
2,859 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]you DON"T lose points when you get a photo ticket, you just pay the hefty fine![HR][/HR]​
Ditto. At least I know this is the law in the US. I see you're in Canada so it may be different there.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Re: Got a red light ticket!!! TORONTO area people PLEASE HELP!!! ***** (2lowA4)

People that don't stop at a red before making a right hand turn give me a rash.

·
Registered
18,812 Posts
Re: Got a red light ticket!!! TORONTO area people PLEASE HELP!!! ***** (Fettes Brot)

People that make right-hand turns by sweeping across several lanes instead of turning to the closest lane give me hemmoroids

·
Registered
22,720 Posts
Re: Got a red light ticket!!! TORONTO area people PLEASE HELP!!! ***** (Fettes Brot)

quote:[HR][/HR]People that don't stop at a red before making a right hand turn give me a rash.
[HR][/HR]​
And people who make right on reds right next to the bigh NO RIGHT ON RED signs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts