VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad works for Morgan Stanley and the head auto analyst set up a ride and drive evnet at the parking lots of the Meadow Lands sport complex in New Jersey. My dad had me come along. I figured that you could drive a few of the cars that would be there. I wound up you could drive every car there. The list included the R32, V8 Pheaton, V8 Toureag, MB S55 AMG (496 hp) MB Clk 500, MB C320, Cadilac CTS-V, The new GTO, SVT Cobra, BMW 645i, BMW 5, MB 320 wagon, Cadilac XLR, Audi A6 S-line, Audi S4 (344 hp), Jaguar XKR, Jagar S type R, Mini, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8, Subaru WRX, Dodge Magnum (340 hp), Chevy SSR, Hummer H2, BMW X5, and the list goes on with a few more not to exciting cars. Any way out of all these cars including the way fast MB my favorite was the R32!. It was way better than the Evo. I felt so natural in the R32 and it gave me so much confidence. I was driving it hard running it to the red line and by the end of the day the Michilen Piolet Sports were completely worn out. The car has sooo much grip. The course was mainly turns and i was just flooring it in second gear through the entire thing. The Evo was horrible the turbo doesnt even kick in untill 4k rpm. I was driving it and was in second gear but at like 2k rpm and it was about to stall out. The interior sucked too (no radio). The R32 by far is way better every thing. Not to mention the exhaust note, othing there was better except for the MB S55 AMG which is a $110,000 car. Man what a day for a 16 year old with no licence and only 3/4 of a year of driving expirience.! Too bad my parent wont buy me an R32 for my first car, but a 20th or 337 will do and I will probly get one!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sounds like a perfect afternoon! Not sure what happened to that EVO you were driving; by 4K that thing should have been screaming... and it comes with a radio as standard.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Re: (M8)

man, sounds good. my first car was an 84 mercury marquis.

·
Registered
223 Posts

Sounds awesome! I'm jealous! R32 is definetly a sweet car, good luck with your 20th or 337.
-Raj

P.S. - R32 comes stock with Goodyear Eagle F1's

·
Registered
262 Posts
Re: Got an expirience of a lifetime at age 16! (pasnow)

You're a lucky young man.
It's refreshing to see that you know it.
Thank your dad. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Re: Got an expirience of a lifetime at age 16! (bobk12)

Lucky young man. I hope you enjoyed it.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
228 Posts

the new evo rs i think it is doesn't come with a radio. its the light weight model i'm not sure if it was released yet though.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It most definately didnt have a radio. The Evo also sounded like it had been pushed really hard before and wasnt running just right. It was kind of odd that it didnt have the huge carbon fiber wing.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Re: (pasnow)

Quote, originally posted by pasnow »
It was kind of odd that it didnt have the huge carbon fiber wing.

...that was DEFINATELY the RS then. The RS doesn't come with the wing. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif much better IMHO, I hate that wing and that was one of my major turn-offs for the Evo
-pauly

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
The wing is an option on the regular evo.
Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
150 Posts
Re: (Smoltz)

Quote, originally posted by Smoltz »
The wing is an option on the regular evo.
Thanks,
Adam

The option of the regular EVO is to have either the full sized carbon wing, or a smaller wing. There is not (at least for MY03) a wing delete option. The only EVO that comes wingless is the RS.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The car was completely wingless not even a little one, but i dont thnk is was an RS because it ddnt have the RS interior.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Re: (pasnow)

RS doesn't have a fancy interior, the whole car has been reduced in weight from the regular evo 8. surprised it even had a back seat

The RS is simply designed for light weight and wicked speed, doesn't even come with a radio.... I think it shaves a whole second off the 0-60 from the regular evo 8. I think it's like 400 LBS lighter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts