VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am very impressed with the chip!!! I got free second EMCS program. But im getting turbo lag... The GTI is now quicker than before.. ANyone know the 0-60 for my gti with APR and ITG panel filter??? possibel mid 5 sec range? Possible get Forge DV?? help me out picking the DV..... Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: Got APR'd at APR show event in Utica, NY!! (TORNADOVOLKS 930)

You probably don't need a DV as you have the 710N and they are fine for even chipped boost. People tend to think they fail WAY more often then they really do. Before you shell out cash for a Forge, run some VAG-COM boost logs on the car and scan for codes. Then you'll really know if you need a DV or not.
What exactly do you mean by turbo lag? If it is just real turbo lag there really isn't much you can do (except get a non-turbo car). A new DV won't change that.
I'd also suggest the ECS valve. It works really well with APR's 93 octane program.

·
Vendor
ID.4, 997.1
15,444 Posts
Re: Got APR'd at APR show event in Utica, NY!! (slugII)

quote:[HR][/HR]Did ya drink some Utica Club beer with Schultz and Duley while you were there?
[HR][/HR]​
BARF!!!! Utica Club is positively disgusting beer. At least they make Saranac there now.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts

I thought I had a problem with turbo lag right after I got chipped too, but really it was just that you can actually feel the lag when you're chipped. Before I was chipped I'm sure I had it but because my boost pressure was so low I couldn't feel when it kicked in. But now, step on the gas, enjoy the peace for a split second while it spools up and then bam! See ya!

·
Vendor
ID.4, 997.1
15,444 Posts
Re: Got APR'd at APR show event in Utica, NY!! (einsig)

quote:[HR][/HR]BARF!!!! Utica Club is positively disgusting beer. At least they make Saranac there now.

I'll second that about UC. Saranac isn't high on my list either though.[HR][/HR]​
Try Saranac Black Forest ... mmm mmm good.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: Got APR'd at APR show event in Utica, NY!! ([email protected])

quote:[HR][/HR]
Try Saranac Black Forest ... mmm mmm good.
[HR][/HR]​
Had it, wasn't impressed. I think I might have had a bad batch though, you are the second "beer lover" to recommend it in a month. The distributor had Weihenstephaner Heffe on sale this weekend. I bought 2 cases at $29 each. A steal if you consider the normal price for one bottle, ~$7. Oh and it is the best Heffe out there.
To answer the Hyperboost question. It is the same as a Forge. They work well, but you need to service it regularly or you will really have some lag. I'm running the 710N with the 93 and ECS valve. No issues and at $30 I don't mind replacing it if it fails.

[Modified by einsig, 1:54 PM 9-30-2002]

·
Banned
1,665 Posts

Got that chip too! This weekend. I dont get any lag. Now anyways. I do get some drop off at certain RPM's after I let off the gas. Getting a HYPERBOOST valve. I think they are they best, IMO

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Re: Got APR'd at APR show event in Utica, NY!! ([email protected])

quote:[HR][/HR]Did ya drink some Utica Club beer with Schultz and Duley while you were there?

BARF!!!! Utica Club is positively disgusting beer. At least they make Saranac there now.
[HR][/HR]​
Yeah I was being sarcastic!
But hey when I was in college we used to drink that stuff because we thought it was funny in a crusty sort of way.
What other beer has two cartoon stein creatures with names as mascots on their label!
I thimk a schultz and duley T shirt would rock!

Oh and I prefer saranac pale ale or how about high falls India pale ale

[Modified by slugII, 8:33 PM 9-30-2002]

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: Got APR'd at APR show event in Utica, NY!! (slugII)

quote:[HR][/HR]Oh and I prefer saranac pale ale or how about high falls India pale ale

[HR][/HR]​
This is so off topic, but I cna't help it. If you like the IPA, try Victory's Hop Devil. FYI, Victory was Malt Advocate's Micro-Brewery of the Year.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Guys, Im only 20 not 21.. I have 1 more year to be 21..... greg[HR][/HR]​
That never stopped me from getting sh*t-faced when I was your age!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.