VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the lump out of my dub this Sunday so the body shop could paint the engine bay. We had a couple stock K03 turbos off VAG 1.8t's sitting on the workbench. Thought I'd size 'em up next to mine. Sure puts things in perspective! Gawd I love boost!

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Got BOOST? (illi)

Quote, originally posted by illi »
what are the specs on your turbo?

Turbnonetics T3/T4 S-trim, .63/Stage-2 hotside.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Re: Got BOOST? (vdubturbo)

thats a nice setup, what do you begin spool-up at, how much boost are you running, etc? i am familiar with your car, it is sick.... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif i hope my project comes out as good as yours
i got a t3/t04b for my ABA motor that i am building... check out benzivr6's post you'll see the one i bought (should be here tommorow)

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Got BOOST? (illi)

Sweet, I'll definately check it out..
Its starts making good boost at 3,500, but I don't hit my max (13psi) until about 4,300. I kinda like the lag though. Makes it easy to just cruise around town without getting in too much trouble.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Got BOOST? (GoFastChickenwing)

Maybe. I've run as high as 24, but she put down 241whp at 13psi, which I was pretty happy with. I think I can hit the 265whp mark without messing with the boost. My goal is 300whp, so I still may turn it up a little. I dunno, we'll see how the tranny holds up.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Got BOOST? (PerfectGLi)

TECII with 550cc injectors. I'm running a Starion FMIC, which sucks pretty bad, but with all this body work, cash probably won't permit me to do anything with that.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Got BOOST? (PerfectGLi)

They don't make the TecII any more. You can get the TecIII, but that a lot more than the SDS. But which one is better for your app totally depends on what you're comfortable with tuning, and what your intentions are.
Currently, I'm running a stock diff, stock Sachs clutch, and stock axles. I've sourced a Quaife for it and a beefier clutch, but they're not it yet.
Yea, the clutch slips a little, but you can drive around it.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Got BOOST? (GoFastChickenwing)

Quote, originally posted by GoFastChickenwing »
The quaife is gonna make all the difference in the world. you'll effin love it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

I cannot wait!

·
Registered
24,968 Posts
Re: Got BOOST? (ValveCoverGasket)

Quote, originally posted by ValveCoverGasket »
hey can you gimme a quick rundown of your oil feed/return lines. specifically the fittings and how you made them. theyre home bent copper lines right?
thanks man

Holla at me if you need a oil line kit.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Got BOOST? (ValveCoverGasket)

Quote, originally posted by ValveCoverGasket »
hey can you gimme a quick rundown of your oil feed/return lines. specifically the fittings and how you made them. theyre home bent copper lines right?
thanks man

The return line I bought directly from ATP. The feed line was 1/8" copper with (i think) 1/8" NPT fittings. I really don't remember...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts