VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my engin back togeter tonight started it and it ran a second then died, the proble was that i put a gti thoutle boby on and it needed an extra vacuum line, got the fix and it ran and ideled fine, then i shut it off and went to start it later and it would not start back the batterie was low and it died quick, so i put it on charge came back later and tryed to start it, nope, it smells like gas BAD so i pulled the plugs out clean then made sure they were all fireing, they were, put them in and it still wont start, any ideas?? sorry about the spelling, thanks Team Bunny

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: got engin trouble need help!! (stevelangford)

Timeing is good checked it many-a-times, it could very well be a vacuum leak but i dont have i diagram showing wear they all are, do you? or anyone else? thanks

·
Registered
10,650 Posts
Re: got engin trouble need help!! (team~bunny)

see if your fuel pump relay has a fuse on it and if it's blown.... SOmetimes when you run bad gas or very low on gas, the pump will suck dirt and jam the pump impeller and blow the fuse. if the fuse keeps blowing, you could run a jumper wire (at your own risk) across the fuse terminals.. I've had luck with the jumper wire ---- luckly
actually, there is no fuse in it at all.. Car has about 400,000 miles on it so.. yeah, it works
HTH

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Re: got engin trouble need help!! (stevelangford)

quote:[HR][/HR]did you check the rest position and free operation of the flow plate in the airbox?[HR][/HR]​
I agree with Steve here whole heartedly. If the car has been sitting for a while the gas around the fuel plunger may have gummed up its operation. I had it where the first time I started the car the flow meter pushed the plunger up and the control pressure wasn't enough to force it down - it was just flooding the motor out. Pull the boot and make sure the air flow sensor plate moves up and down freely with resistance from the control pressure.
Hope this helps,
Peter Tong

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.