VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wreck Pics Up!

I guess u guys that said id get in a wreck from the video i posted where right, i totaled my car!!
NOT!

Guy hit my in driverside door probably need a new one, rear quarter panel got to get fixed, and i need a new rim his fault so its all good, just a pain to get it fixed!
pics up soon!

Modified by CorradoTJR at 12:58 PM 7-21-2004

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
So you weren't doing any insane highspeed crazy passes were you? remember take the speed limit and subtract 5, LMAO!!
Well if you get some free new stuff thats always good, but sucks you got hit

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
Re: GOT IN A WRECK TODAY! (CorradoTJR)

Quote, originally posted by CorradoTJR »
I guess u guys that said id get in a wreck from the video i posted where right, i totaled my car!!
NOT!

I'm glad. Nobody better be killing anymore corrado's

·
Registered
7,569 Posts

Guy hit my in driverside door probably need a new one, rear quarter panel got to get fixed, and i need a new rim his fault so its all good, just a pain to get it fixed!
pics up soon!

insurance company is gonna total it. good luck

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: GOT IN A WRECK TODAY! (Grabbit)

NO DAMN INSURANCE COMPANY IS GONNA TOTAL MY CAR OVER MY DEAD BODY!
THEY WILL FIX THAT **** OR THERE GIVING ME ALL MY MONEY I PUT INTO THAT THING AND GIVIN ME MY CAR BACK!
ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE IF THEY SAY ITS TOTALED, THE DOOR ISNT ALL MESSED UP ITS LIKE A FOOT BY 6 INCH DENT UNDER DRIVER SIDE DOOR HANDLE RIGHT WHERE THE CREASE IS!! THATS Y I MIGHT NEED A NEW ONE? PICS SOON

·
Registered
7,569 Posts

NO DAMN INSURANCE COMPANY IS GONNA TOTAL MY CAR OVER MY DEAD BODY!
THEY WILL FIX THAT **** OR THERE GIVING ME ALL MY MONEY I PUT INTO THAT THING AND GIVIN ME MY CAR BACK!
ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE IF THEY SAY ITS TOTALED, THE DOOR ISNT ALL MESSED UP ITS LIKE A FOOT BY 6 INCH DENT UNDER DRIVER SIDE DOOR HANDLE RIGHT WHERE THE CREASE IS!! THATS Y I MIGHT NEED A NEW ONE? PICS SOON

well if there is any considerable dent in the pillar it cost bank to repair, they'll look at blue book and chance are if it cost a couple g's there gonna total it

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: GOT IN A WRECK TODAY! (Grabbit)

not sure how to do this but, i got a door for around 650 shipped? not sure but insurance companies are gay, so wth is the blue book value? and if its less thenthe valueof my car i cant get the **** done! witch is so stupid!

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
The insurance company will look at the damage and evaluate the amount it takes with parts and labor to set the car back to undamaged. They will not take into consideration rims, or any mod.. if the price of the car is less than the damage... it's totaled. You can buy your car back though from the insurance but then it carries a salvage tital

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (VDubStudinOly)

got it quoted today for 2700, the value the guy had with the wrong miles he read it wrong was 2675. so not sure wtf to do if they total it ill say no! and show them i put the 900 to charger like 2 weeks ago and the rims 800 about 2 months ago.
and when i got it last yr the DMV said the value was 5500, and was being stupid about me having the fake proof of purchase thing for 3000. so well have to wait and see ill get pics as soon as my phone will send to the damn emails!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (CorradoTJR)

i need to find a place where i can get a quote to fix and get a full paint job, cuz everyone has said u cant match yellow its hard. so i need a quote with full paint job?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I got a Quote today for 5070 bucks MUAH! this place was hella nice whole new rear quarter new door shell, new door jam panel? hella nice 5000! so not sure whats gonne happen the guy from his insurance company is comn to see it tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts

Dude, you are taking it in the pooper for 5g's. If that's the quote you are going with they will for sure total out your car. They don't care how much you put into it, your 800 wheels will add maybe 50 bux to the value if you are lucky and the charger will be looked at as maintenance that won't add any value

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (bigredjetta)

well the charger was fine before i did upgrades on it Gt-70 Intake port, and new intake, it wasnt a priority it didnt need tog et done to make it run....the guy hit me his insurance is payin for it, ill probably talk to him tomorrow and say hey i got a quote for 5 grand they to really good work im taken it there, if u total it, then what ever im buyin it back give me 4000 and well call it even?

·
Banned
2,864 Posts

Dude, go to the guy that did that Corrado up! Looks like they knew what they were doing. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,357 Posts

He's talking about this post:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1406900
And seriously, an insurance company can total or fix your car if they want to its at their discretion, whethere you realized it or not when you paid to start your policy you were agreeing to that. If you are unhappy with settlement you can reject first offer...and buck for more money based on whatever you think (receipts help) justfies it. You can always buy it back after they cut you a check and total it.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Re: GOT IN A WRECK TODAY! (TeutonicVR6)

Damon is right. Here's how things work; The claims adjuster takes a look at the damage and uses his considerable knowledge of how much shop TIME (X hours @ Y $/hr) and MATERIALS (Replacement Parts) will cost to repair the car to its pre-existing state. If it adds up to more than what your car was worth (based upon values set in KBB or Edmunds or Whatever) they are probably going to total the car. Now here is where you have to do your homework. You need to be able to document how much your car is worth based on hard numbers (preferably with receipts to prove your case). You can accept the settlement offer or reject it. The claims adjuster doesn't care one way or the other because he is not emotionally invested in your car. Insurance companies operate on facts and statistics, not emotion. You do have the choice of buying the car back and parting it out or having it repaired out of your own pocket. If the insurance company agrees to repair your car they will only pay for what it takes to restore it to its pre-existing state. If the body shop agrees to do all the work for the settlement check you'll get your car back pretty close to what it was. In my case I had some parts that I used to bargain with the shop and the insurance company. The body shop makes it's money by buying parts at wholesale and selling at retail and by charging labor time to do the repairs. If what you want done is going to cost more than what the insurance company is willing to pay and the body shop is willing to do...you will have to come up with the coin to have the extra work done.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts