VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For privacy reason, i have removed all informations about the accident in this post
I thanks everyone for their support

Modified by kilimats at 7:55 PM 5-14-2007

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Got into an accident today, motorbike rear ended me (farfrumlusin)

Quote, originally posted by farfrumlusin »
they rear ended you....its their fault
ie dont worry

But is slowing down on the highway for a U-turn legal in those conditions, if not then i am 100% guilty

·
Banned
5,133 Posts
Re: Got into an accident today, motorbike rear ended me (kilimats)

your out of luck dude, I hit a lady while I was driving a bike and she was doing an illegal crossing thru yellow lines, her fault 100%, with your case: just b/c you were doing an illegal u-turn you are screwed and its your fault 100%.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't know about the laws where you are, but the person behind you needs to give enough space between himself and you so if you need to come to a sudden stop, they can stop too, regular road or high way it does not matter. The biker was prolly tailgating or something. So its kinda his fault for not giving the proper amount of space.

Modified by Fish82nd at 7:31 AM 5-13-2007

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Re: Got into an accident today, motorbike rear ended me (kilimats)

Is there a minimum speed posted on this highway? Stateside many of our HWYs and all of our Interstates have them. If so, guilt may be determined if it goes to court and by what the guy says happened. Good luck.

·
Banned
3,759 Posts
Re: (Fish82nd)

Quote, originally posted by Fish82nd »
I don't know about the laws where you are, but the person behind you needs to give enough space between himself and you so if you need to come to a sudden stop, they can stop too, regular road or high way it does not matter. The biker was prolly tailgating or something. So its kinda his fault for not giving the proper amount of space.

The problem is, if he was attempting an illegal U-turn, it matters very little what the other person was doing.
I was in a minor accident in my Honda a couple years ago, where a guy side swiped me because he crossed over double-yellow to get into a turn lane further ahead. However, the only reason I got hit is because I stuck my front left tire about 1 foot over double-yellow. Ultimately though, we were both at fault because we both crossed double-yellow, and it didn't matter that he was completely over it and I was only 1 foot over it.
It sucks dude, but you need to find out what the deal is with making a U-turn on that road. If it's illegal, you may want to look into hiring a good lawyer, because in the court room it's going to be your word against his, and he is going to look like the victim. Best of luck.

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Got into an accident today, motorbike rear ended me (Brake Weight)

Quote, originally posted by Brake Weight »
Is there a minimum speed posted on this highway? Stateside many of our HWYs and all of our Interstates have them. If so, guilt may be determined if it goes to court and by what the guy says happened. Good luck.

I believe it was either 80km/h or 90

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (dormantgenius1)

Quote, originally posted by dormantgenius1 »

The problem is, if he was attempting an illegal U-turn, it matters very little what the other person was doing.
I was in a minor accident in my Honda a couple years ago, where a guy side swiped me because he crossed over double-yellow to get into a turn lane further ahead. However, the only reason I got hit is because I stuck my front left tire about 1 foot over double-yellow. Ultimately though, we were both at fault because we both crossed double-yellow, and it didn't matter that he was completely over it and I was only 1 foot over it.
It sucks dude, but you need to find out what the deal is with making a U-turn on that road. If it's illegal, you may want to look into hiring a good lawyer, because in the court room it's going to be your word against his, and he is going to look like the victim. Best of luck.

thanks for the input, does serious injuries accident always goes to court ?

Modified by kilimats at 7:42 AM 5-13-2007

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Got into an accident today, motorbike rear ended me (RvGrnGTI)

Quote, originally posted by RvGrnGTI »
Let's see some pics!!

Taking pictures while the biker was badly bleeding was not an option for me at that time, especially when everyones is looking at you with anger

Modified by kilimats at 7:53 AM 5-13-2007

·
Banned
3,759 Posts
Re: (kilimats)

Not sure, as I haven't ever been involved in one myself, or had any close friends involved in one. But if the guy on the motorcycle wants to press charges, your day could get a lot worse. And being stopped on a major highway, in the travel lanes, for no obvious reason isn't going to help you.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Re: (dormantgenius1)

In practical terms I think the fault is both biker and driver. I don't think a U-turn in legal in those conditions but the biker was obviously not paying attention either. In legal terms I think you might get stuck with 100% blame on this one

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (farfrumlusin)

Quote, originally posted by farfrumlusin »
how did you not see the bike?

arent they supposed to have a bright light always on? if not then you can use that against him.

The accident happen during a sunny day, light or not, it doesn't make a big difference.
Checking my mirrors more attentively would have prevented the accident, thats for sure. Not doing a U-turn, too of course

Modified by kilimats at 8:05 AM 5-13-2007

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (Smachary)

Quote, originally posted by Smachary »
Is there a minimum speed there?

Modified by Smachary at 7:58 AM 5-13-2007

it was either 80km/h or 90

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.