VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
granny rear ended my R32 in front of the bank,it looked worse than it is,estimate was 1300$ for a new bumper,granny wanted to have her insurance pay for,i told her i would settle for 800$ cash,she agreed.after a nice wash you can barely see the 2 small scratches.i would get it from behind again anyday!
Great bumper on R32!

· Registered
10,781 Posts
Re: got it from behind....800$ (gegepilot)

Glad to hear that worked out for you!
On a similar note, I finally buffed out the scratches in my hood from that pine tree falling on it three weeks ago... can't even tell it ever happened!

· Registered
630 Posts
i got it from the front. I never even saw it coming, and before long, it was airborne and stuck right into me. Next thing i know, my left side of my front bumper is damaged, pieces all over the place, small mini left grill popped out, can see the styrofoam.
i hate the expressway and allthe crap that is dropped by trucks.
peter

· Registered
2,989 Posts
Everything under the bumper covers is styrofoam, never saw this on a vehicle before, not even in my 18 years of driving dubs. But man, those bumper covers are expensive if you have to replace / paint them.

· Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
grany was about 60 and driving a new big cadillac,she wanted to use her insurance for a new bumper over 1200$,told her a friend could do it for 800$ cash,she agreed because she didnt want a claim on her record.i still have 2 tiny scratches on the rear bumper.

· Registered
189 Posts

i wish i had it as easy as you...last tuesday i got it from behind also...from some dumb beotch that wasnt paying attention due to her way too intense cell phone conversation....i get outta the car and she rolls down her window to ask if im ok....i said "yeah but my car isnt" as i turn to look at my car the **** hammers the gas and takes off on me...luckily someone that witnessed it got HALF of her plate....but i know nothing will ever happen cause the cops around here blow...i had to heat up and straigten the exhaust and the car goes in the shop tomorrow to get fixxed

· Registered
1,129 Posts
Wish I was that lucky. My .:R has been in the shop now since last Friday. They called and said the guys trailer hitch did more damage that was visible from the small square it stamped in the bumper. Some sub-bumper/frame piece was smashed into my radiator. Joy.

· Registered
727 Posts

You might want to keep your eye on it.......i got rearended in mine, there was a tiny little scratch, but when plastic gets hit it bends, thus making the paint do things not intended to do. I had the bumper replaced and i got them to give me the old one, sure enough thelonger it sits, the more the paint cracks start showing....... by the way it was 998 for a new one painted done and out the dooor.

· Registered
1,627 Posts

did i mention that i was in reverse(taking miles off my car) when I hit her? She did not see very well so i told her that I would not indict her if she promised to go out with me.
Now she's my girlfriend!

· Registered
3,455 Posts
Re: got it from behind....800$ (r32senior)

stop your shenanagins

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.