VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short I need to quiet down my 3" GHL TB for an inspection. I am looking at a Milltek and was wondering it I need to replace the entire GHL cat-back to quiet the system down, or am I able to just replace the muffler with Milltek?
Any help would be great

Forgot to add: 3rd time for the same thing by the same people, and they know nothing has changed.

Modified by Trauma at 10:29 PM 1-12-2004

· Registered
475 Posts
Re: Got my final infraction, its inspection time (Trauma)

Save yourself a lot of hassle and headaches. Find a good muffler shop and have them flange your tailpipe. Find a stock muffler and flange that the same. You can swap it out in minutes and it will be really quiet with the stocker. Just put the stocker in when you get inspected or just want your car to be quiet (can be handy on long trips etc...)
Jim

· Registered
65 Posts
Re: Got my final infraction, its inspection time (g pepper)

I have the same system and I had to put the stock muffler on. So it goes GHL turbo back to stock muffler. Gets a little sound out but very quiet. I didn't notice and drop in power and if it was I bet it was maybe only 1 or 2 HP.
Try it you will be happier and still get spool up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.