VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got home today after pickup up my car and when I tried to open the center console I couldn't open it. I can extend it but it won't budge at all.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? I'm planning on taking it back to the dealer to get it fixed, but wondering if there is some locking mechanism I'm missing :confused:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Are you serious? :banghead:

The manual says it does, and even mentions an extra 12v plug.
Yes, but the manual is for the Golf GTI, Golf R, both cars. I got my R yesterday, they don't open.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Theres so many things that VW decided the US doesn't need. Like I wouldn't even care if they charged more for it, at least it would be an option. The list of things VW has deprived the US golf r of just keeps getting longer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My previous car was an 08' GTI so I just expected it. I'm hoping that's the last weird thing I find!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got home today after pickup up my car and when I tried to open the center console I couldn't open it. I can extend it but it won't budge at all.
Does anyone know if the opening armrest / center console storage is something that could be installed on US R's with ROW parts? I installed the deleted ROW cubby under the light switch on my MK5 GTI way back when. It was a bit of a pain, but worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Glad to see now that deliveries are beginning that the threads will begin to turn the corner to community helping for issues and sharing good helpful info. It's annoying as hell that these consoles aren't opening.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Wait what? I seriously thought you guys were joking. Why wouldn't it open? Is there no room in there for pens or coins or random crap like every other car? Or maybe that part of the car is where they put the reservoir of unicorn tears?
I also thought the guy who said he couldn't open the console in the auto show unit was joking (or it's locked only for the show purpose).... What a (bad) surprise.

edit
I was curious and did google search and found this:

Now this guy doesn't have armrest but has small storage (plus 2 more cupholders?)! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Theres so many things that VW decided the US doesn't need. Like I wouldn't even care if they charged more for it, at least it would be an option. The list of things VW has deprived the US golf r of just keeps getting longer.
Yeah, they show us the goodies and then they give us the blankies....... I want one so bad but not with the list of missing things. Congrats for those who are happy with the current options. I'm still waiting to see the 2016 or 2017.

1 - 20 of 336 Posts