VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my MKV Eibach prokit springs installed with my stocks shocks. Lowered just over an inch, rides a little stiffer but not unbearable. Not as floaty a feel when you're really pushing the car in curves. Looks good drives good I'm pleased.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Re: Got my GTI Eibach Springs in today (bikeredup)

Quote, originally posted by bikeredup »
Got my MKV Eibach prokit springs installed with my stocks shocks. Lowered just over an inch, rides a little stiffer but not unbearable. Not as floaty a feel when you're really pushing the car in curves. Looks good drives good I'm pleased.

Show us the pics!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: Got my GTI Eibach Springs in today (M3toGLI)

H&R Sport Springs...standard shocks....rides great...only 25 miles on new springs, hand them put on yesterday, should settle a little..
Before....

After....

ed

Modified by blackmagicman at 4:07 AM 4-25-2006

Modified by blackmagicman at 4:09 AM 4-25-2006

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
all the difference in the world, IMO... is there any danger to the life of the shocks to run sport springs on them? i know they sell them through drivergear, but i've just always heard that running springs on stock shocks was hard on them

·
Registered
19,816 Posts
Re: (blackmagicman)

I'm still amazed at how much better it looks with the drop, and how badly VW messed up jacking up the ride height to fudge a crash test.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Re: (Double-V)

Quote, originally posted by Double-V »
I'm still amazed at how much better it looks with the drop, and how badly VW messed up jacking up the ride height to fudge a crash test.

be glad they did when you pay your insurance, and with the $200 you save per year because you own one of the safest cars on the road, get yourself that set of springs

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Re: (Apoc112)

Quote, originally posted by Apoc112 »
... is there any danger to the life of the shocks to run sport springs on them?

Well, the purpose of dampers (shocks) is to control the springs' oscillations. Now you're running springs which are 15% stiffer and with reduced travel. This causes the damper to both work "harder" and to work in a "higher pressure" area of piston travel. Wouldn't you think your stock shocks will wear out faster?

·
Registered
19,816 Posts
Re: (Apoc112)

Quote, originally posted by Apoc112 »

be glad they did when you pay your insurance, and with the $200 you save per year because you own one of the safest cars on the road, get yourself that set of springs

Except the insurance watch dogs who crash test cars won't give performance cars a good rating, irrespective of how they actually perform...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.