VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered

Registered
I still don't understand why people decide to spend the money on springs (and shocks like their supposed to be paired with) instead of just buying coilovers. Aren't lowering springs around the same price as Raceland's anyway? Sorry to thread jack, but it's just beyond me. Nice DD height though. Don't ruin the car like the rest of the scene kids (aka me). :beer:

Registered
I still don't understand why people decide to spend the money on springs (and shocks like their supposed to be paired with) instead of just buying coilovers. Aren't lowering springs around the same price as Raceland's anyway? Sorry to thread jack, but it's just beyond me. Nice DD height though. Don't ruin the car like the rest of the scene kids (aka me). :beer:
I'm with this guy about the coils :beer:

Registered

Registered
BC if your lowering ur car 1" you don't really need to replace the oem shocks/struts as long as they are still in relatively good condition. So basically you can get a nicer look and slightly better handling for <$200 and minimal labor.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And to everyone who is asking why I didn't buy coils, my step brother had these laying in his garage he was going to put them on until he sold his car.
Free springs >

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.