VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having them put on this weekend. Dunlop Winter Sport M3s on 16" steelies. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Re: Got my Winter Tires (paul smith)

nice http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
what did they get for that setup? got ds2's comin tomorrow for less than 600..i won't be putting mine on till late november

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (nickg)

I'm really impressed at how aggressive the tread pattern is and the depth between the tread blocks. I think this is going to be a great snow tire. I hope i'm not putting them on too soon, but it's about 5c out there right now so i think it's okay.

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (axlrose16)

Quote, originally posted by axlrose16 »
how much for those?

TireRack has them for about $800.
btw, what do you guys think of those little green valve stem caps?
they came filled with nitrogen. should i leave them on?

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (axlrose16)

Quote, originally posted by axlrose16 »
800 bucks jesus I need to find a cheaper solution than that

there are much, much cheaper snow tire solutions, the dunlop M3s are almost top of the line, that's why they're so expensive. but i saved money on the rims.

·
Registered
208 Posts
i was planning on going with the same setup. What are you doing about the TPMS? Just going to ignore it all winter? I think that may be the only option unless you want to mount snow tires on the stock rims...

·
Registered
208 Posts

Oh yeah cause of the daylight savings time...
well I am putting off ordering the package because I can't make a decision but most likely my car will be the same except I will have more lights blinking on my dashboard

Modified by TycoGTI at 7:29 PM 10-30-2006

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Got my Winter Tires (TycoGTI)

how does the TPMS work? you can't just turn it off? are there sensors in the wheels?

·
Registered
480 Posts
yeah the sensors are in the wheels...
so you just have to ignore your dash, mount your winter tires on your regualr wheels, or pay (if you do this you're retarded) for the sensors on your winter wheels
edit: btw you said you're not from the states, which part of Canada you posting from? Any other Canadians needing winter tire solutions I found a few cheap solutions ....

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Re: (ILoveMyCar)

i took pictures of the winter wheels just standing in front of the car too...
but this week I'll be changing the steelies for a set of biolines as soon as they come in. I dont like the look of the steelies, i dont luv my car as much, hopefully i'll love it more with the biolines.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts

Nice. Another safety-minded GTI driver (to offset the effects of the posters on the GLI thread who have plowed into people recently). http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I wasn't aware there was an OEM steel setup in the 16" wheels. Otherwise, I might have gotten those instead of alloys. However, as it turns out, I wound up with alloys that look similar to the OEM wheels, and got them at a decent price because it took Discount Tire a few tries to get it right.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts