VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a nice set of Wofies from a forum member a few weeks back for my 2000 Golf GLS TDi. I'm picking up OEM locks on Ebay but I've never seen the OEM lug bolt cover arrangement taken apart. I really like how it looks but I don't know if there are just regular old OEM black lug bolts under a plastic cover, and if so, where to get those covers.
I have searched the forums, but haven't found any leads. Anybody know who sells these and if I'm on the right track?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Re: Got my wolfsburg wheels - where do I get lug covers? (umtdi)

They are just your regular OEM bolts under the black cover. I know you can pick them up from any dealer, but check the classifieds, or possibly post there...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Re: Got my wolfsburg wheels - where do I get lug covers? (Bora18t)

65 cents each at the dealer. Make sure to get 16 covers for the regular bolts, and the 4 special lug covers for the locking bolts. Nice to see a local on here, too. What part of Miami are you located?
Juan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Got my wolfsburg wheels - where do I get lug covers? (damnthesespoons)

I live in the Westchester area and work at UM. I actually wanted Reflex Silver when I went shopping, but back in 2000 there weren't many TDI's on dealer lots
and I wasn't about to order a car. Anyhow, I'm happy with black but your Golf looks sweet. I really like the wheels - classy. Anyhow, thanks for the tip on the covers - I was hoping it would be that simple.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts