VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt have 60/40 before these are will they fit, i just got home and i' havent checked it out much yet...
Can i switch the lock mechanisms on the rear bench so i can use my key, if so, how? any tips or How tos anywhere.
Finally, anyone got a write up on enabling the heated seat option, i got all the parts needed, cant be that hard, i'm just not looking forward to tearing up my carpet.
Thanks dubbas.

· Registered
3,318 Posts
Re: Got new heated leather seats, got some ?'s (MKIIIVWburg)

hooking up the heated seats is a PITA, I did a full leather GLX swap with headed seats in my car, and I still don't have the headed function hooked up yet, I will get to it sooner or later. running the wires isn't hard, just use a coat hanger and fish them through....as far as the rear bench, I don't think you can change the locking mechanism so you might be stuck with a non locking bench.

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Got new heated leather seats, got some ?'s (MOMO Vento 96)

I hope i can change the lock, not a big deal, itd just bug me that it wasnt functioning, you'd think this would be a common thing with people trading/ buying new benches. what about the 60/40 bolt right in, like the other.

· Registered
1,386 Posts
Re: (MKIIIVWburg)

I just did a full leather swap about 3 months ago and i have the same problem. I got the seats out of a gti vr6 and one side locks and the other doesnt. As far as the heated seats mine arent hooked up either. The way I look at it is, you cant miss something you never had.
The back seat will need to be modded though, because in the center of the 60/40 split in the back their is a clamp that doesnt align with the jetta rear bench clamp. But, you can easily drill the hole and it fascens right in. No major problems, you dont even need to drill if you dont want, you just have the annoying clanking of the unfastened clamp. Good Luck http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
The mk3.75
19,473 Posts
Re: Got new heated leather seats, got some ?'s (MOMO Vento 96)

There is an absolutely beautiful write-up for enabling heated seats in the Official DIY/FAQ thread at the top of this forum. I think it's on one of the first few pages of the thread. I followed this DIY step-by-step guide last year, and it went off without one hitch. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Quote, originally posted by MOMO Vento 96 »
hooking up the heated seats is a PITA

it really isn't.
Quote, originally posted by MOMO Vento 96 »
running the wires isn't hard, just use a coat hanger and fish them through

yeah, don't do that. using a coat hanger to fish wires in a car is a good way to set yourself up for a dash fire sometime down the road.
as for swapping the lock cylinders in the rear seats...that's not too bad either. If you take a good look at how the upholstery clips onto the seatbacks, you'll see how to undo those clips and pull back the leather (no need to unclip the wire from the foam...just let the leather flop there). Once you do that, you can reach in behind the foam and unhook the lock release lever and pull it out. Then the top face of the plastic part (the flat part you see, with the two holes in it) can be popped off the bottom part. The bottom part has the lock cylinder in it, and is held to the seatback frame by two screws. Remove those, remove the lock/latch, and you're ready to swap it with your old seat's lock.
It's involved, but it's certainly not hard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.