VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

got pics of speed's setup... how about spool2ltr?

1K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  VWturbo2Ltr 
Re: got pics of speed's setup... how about spool2ltr? (GTI2lo)

quote:[HR][/HR]Yah why doesn't eddie show pics of his motor. He never does!! After all he does have the most powerful 8v on these boards. I believe he got 370 hp to the wheels.
Man that is VR territory.[HR][/HR]​
270 as of now..370 is next spring...i'm not impressed with the way my motor looks right now..nothing really to special to look at..everything is black and once i get it to the point where i want it..i will beautify it and post pics..until you'll have to believe the rumors

Re: got pics of speed's setup... how about spool2ltr? (speed51133)

EXACTLY

an another thing..you seem to have a problem with myself or my car mike..seems that everytime lately when my car or myself is mentioned you have something negative to say...i know there are plenty of 2.0 makin over 300 horses and there also alot of cars that are lowered but is it neccessary to point it out that there are many others with lowered cars on here??? care to explain???

[Modified by spooled_2ltr, 1:36 PM 11-28-2001]

Re: got pics of speed's setup... how about spool2ltr? (speed51133)

quote:[HR][/HR]your setup is not what i would do but it works.[HR][/HR]​
i'm assuming you're talking about the piggy-backing..well i dont really like it either but it does work and that is what counted at first..i am now yanking all that in favor of a new manifold,sds,fuel rail, and bigger injectors..no more piggy backing...
and i just wanted to make sure i did'nt piss you off and not know it...

Re: got pics of speed's setup... how about spool2ltr? (badbennyb)

that was @ 17psi....8-9 should get you around 200whp...i'm going to the dyno this friday to get some before #'s and graphs before i swap out the turbo and management system...we'll see what i can squeeze out of the super60 as when we dyno'd it first it was'nt runnin all that great...the car feels 100 times better now..probably puts out the same power but runs a hell of alot better...

Re: got pics of speed's setup... how about spool2ltr? (JettaGT)

i'm runnin a super60 right now..swapping in a t3-4..as far as limits..who knows??? with right fueling and management i would'nt be suprised if you could get over 500 to the wheels...i mean honda's do it with 1.5 liters and big turbo's..why cant you do somewhat the same to a dub???granted the vw block and head are very simple compared to those but i dont think anyone will ever know until that one person pushes the envelope..who knows maybe my jetta will be a guinea pig..i wanna go faster...it just cost money..lots and lots of it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.