VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to drop of the car yesterday to get the idling problem and belt tesionner thing problem. So when I go back to pick up the car, they tell me:
VW- Its fixed, it now idle @ 975RPM...
Me- That not right, when I bought it, it idled at 800.
VW- Well that's what the mecanics says.
Me- ...
Me- And the belt tensionner?
VW- What?
Me- look on the paper, I asked for it to get checked.
VW- Oh yeah... Oh its fine.
Me- What do you mean "its fine". I know its not working proprely, the pulley is jumping on the belt.
VW- ??? Oh well, I'll get a mecanic to check it out right away.

So I went out, poped the hood and started the car... The car gave a couple of rought shots, wich it didn't use to do... And the engine was hot. It was idling @ 950-975... The thing is that this is an intermittent(sp?) problems. Some of the time, rarely, it works fine... So I guess when the car was out of the garage it was one of those good time and they tought they fixed it.
Anyways, so I showed the guy the unmissable jumping pulley and asked: Is that normal. No, he said. They quoted me 271 w/taxes.
Then the service guy came out and told me my fuel pump might be starting to die... He told me that it would cost me a bit more than 2000$ + laobr for a new one. I just laughed and left. And went right accross to road to a small VW shop... The guy quoted me the for the tensionner wich came to arround 50$ less and VW and said a rebuild on the fuel pump would be juste perfect and that could run me for 200$-1000$.
So this morning, I woke up late (mind you this is not related to the dealer screwing me up, but none the less, its shows how my days isn't going well), hoped in the car. Start it up... It started rought and gave shots. RPM goes to 975-1000. Reverse in the street drive 2, 3 mins then red light. Check my idle ... 1400RPM!

So I guess I'll have to go to VW after school and rant/bitch the car still idles way to high and I payed 106$ to get something fixed and its not fixed.
Suggestion?
[Putting flame suite on]
I'm sorry but all these experience with VW is leaving me bitter towards the brand. Their service is unbelivbly crummy, their car are ordinary yet overpriced and so are the parts.
Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Got screwed by my local VW dealer. (TexasVWdriver)

I know about that... I did a search before posting this. I dont have the Bentley manual nor do I have any technical litterature on my car. I've try to find some but W/O success. I've search a couple a place where I could download PDF ... but that didn't work either. I'm somewhat low on cash these days and instead of going to VW, I should have bought the book.
If anyone has a PDF or technical illustration of the mechanical pump... It would help me alot.
Cheers,
Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts