VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Re: Got so many IM's that i need to ask you this, Who's going boost? (need_a_VR6)

I also plan to boost w/ a 2.0 16v w/ cis-e after my smog appt
. I'm planning to do a similar setup you had a while ago with the aic keeping the cis-e. I have most everything of what I need except for an exhaust manifold, I'm going to try to fabricate with weld-el's, but using my mig welder @ home. Hopefully mig will hold up to the heat! Did you have to retard ignition timing or did you run it off stock specs cis-e?

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Got so many IM's that i need to ask you this, Who's going boost? (creechsvdub)

quote:[HR][/HR] Did you have to retard ignition timing or did you run it off stock specs cis-e?[HR][/HR]​
No, ran perfect at 10psi, you cold always throw some race gas and run more boost.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Re: Got so many IM's that i need to ask you this, Who's going boost? (rockin16v)

I will be boosting my 1.8 soon hopefully. Building the engine up a little right now, ive got pistons on the way, and will be ordering gasket set, bearings, bolts, and get the engine bored soon, but it will probally take me alittle bit longer after the engine is together to get the turbo on

·
Registered
439 Posts
Re: Got so many IM's that i need to ask you this, Who's going boost? (killa)

I almost have all my parts.
SDS
JE pistons
Ross Feul rail
MSD 6Al
Magnacores
T3 .60
Exhaust man.
and some more sh*t I can't think of right now. Hopefully it will be time to assemble soon.

·
Registered
455 Posts

hey killa, do yo uknow a guy that just moved out here to cali? I think hisd name was todd. I just sold him a car
Anyway I am just waiting for my manifold, and digi1 ecu then I can do my aba16vT so like a month and a half! but for now I am trying to get this 2.0 16v running. Hey do you know if the digi2 fuel pumps will work on a cis motronic injection?

·
Registered
37,726 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]with 2 and 3 headgaskets, all day bro.[HR][/HR]​
Haha, I want to run four, just to one up ya. I think I'll be following the 2L forum more lookin for all the HG jobs
Free used gaskets.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Re: Got so many IM's that i need to ask you this, Who's going boost? (AntoineJo)

i have tons of questions for you too. i just want my car to shoot flames and make loud noises. how can i do that

seriously though, maybe we should come up w/ a sticky thread or something.... One for the aba way, another for maintaing the 16v block. Then we wont have a million reposts. And no, im not being a jag-off, but actually suggesting this. I would even help type some stuff out, w/ a break down of parts, etc.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Got so many IM's that i need to ask you this, Who's going boost? (vw16vcabby)

haha cabby, maybe we should do something like justin had in the hardcore page but a 16v version of it, i think that between all of us we could pretty much get all the details in.... shall we call it.... 1.8t killa??? hahaha jokin'

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.