VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Re: Got the valences painted......................pics (ManWh0re)

Looks really nice, hope there was flex agent added to the paint to stop them peeling.......VERY nice car all round http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,167 Posts

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
maybe you should paint the insides of the ducts black(on the front spoiler) or put black mesh over them to keep w/ your front end theme.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Re: Got the valences painted......................pics (FAR~FROM~MUGEN)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Hell, That looks sweet! I was going to get the 4motion valences but decided to try and cutout my stock jetta valence and lift up my eurosport exhaust to fill in the cutout! It worked just fine! (hard as hell to cut though) used quite a bit of exacto blades but was worth it!

Again Sweet ride!
[HR][/HR]​
do you have pics.? I'm doing the same thing to mine this week.
Paulo - looks even better in person...
I just need Pedro to call me back now.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts

Very nice. The best White Jetta i have seen. Looks really clean. How much for the Zender Lip and how much? I really like it!

·
Registered
3,828 Posts

Clean, clean, clean. I love painted valences - one of my favorite mods on my car. I even have your same exhaust.
A very well done car.
Now, you just need a 1.5" drop.

Nice work.
Eric

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Re: Got the valences painted......................pics (vwbora1)

love the valences but I would get rid of the mud flaps, they aren't helping the lines

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Got the valences painted......................pics (DGMVW)

quote:[HR][/HR]Very nice. The best White Jetta i have seen. Looks really clean. How much for the Zender Lip and how much? I really like it![HR][/HR]​
here's where I first saw the Zender lip and I followed the link and order it from http://www.vwperformancenorth.com/ for $227 shipped. the prices on their site are in Canadian Dollars

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

you did a great job
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif painting and cutting the valences yourself. Do you ever get pulled over for not having front license plates?

·
Registered
7,269 Posts

Far - thanks for the pic. very clean job. that's exactly what I'm doing. Painting the stock valances, and cutting the stock rear. I even have the Kamei grill and the same Remus exhause...
except mine is blue lagoon.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Re: Got the valences painted......................pics (sniper27)

Hey guys, what color available in spray can at say, Auto zone matches our COOL WHITE?
ie: does GM frost white = cool white
or GM arctic white = cool white
or GM superwhite = cool white
or FORD ....well you get it....

I'd rather do it myself than have some duffus touch my car...

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: Got the valences painted......................pics (Aluma)

u can buy the paint @ the dealer. it will match almost perfect.
as for the flex stuff, ive heard ppl painting the valence with flex paint then with the color. it works the same, but its for ppl that use spray paint instead of mixed paint.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Got the valences painted......................pics (phatplat)

Sniper27 hooked me with the guy who does the detail work at New Century VW. He charged me $125 to paint both pieces. He was also going to paint my mudflaps for free because I installed a winmodem on his Win95 computer. But I declined the offer, I like the mudflaps the way they are.
He basically painted, sanded, and painted again with extra flex agent to protect it from chipping.
Oh - my tint is 35% all the way around. I thing its just the lighting in the parking lot that makes it look dark.

[Modified by ManWh0re, 3:49 PM 12-3-2001]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.