VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Is there really a huge downside in having your name out there? You'd be in the news for a week and maybe have a year of folks trying to scam you, but after that, who the hell would remember? If I were to hit, being on the news would be the least of my worries, and I wouldn't have a whole hell of a lot of worries anymore.
Consider yourself lucky then. I doubt I'm alone in saying I have some family who would desperately claw for any money they could get. If I won and my name was announced, I'd probably get my affairs in order and leave the state for a while, if not the country.

Edit: I would probably buy a bunch of land and build a miniature railroad, ride around all day with some beer and a cigar. :rolleyes: Flame suit on.

·
Registered
45,343 Posts
With a billion dollars you get people for that. I mean c'mon, man!

Big garage, lots of cool (yet obtainable to ordinary folks) cars. I'm talking Volvo P1800, BMW 2002, Chevy II, Datsun 240Z, stuff like that.

Also: anonymity. :thumbup:
Gated, guarded, high security compound. Heliport with chopper and pilot available 24/7. Other houses around the world. And with that kind of money, you can buy your own race track stocked with every kind of race car you want.

·
Registered
28,822 Posts
I dropped another deuce on a single Powerball ticket.

I've already considered my under-the-radar DD: an E-Class wagon.
DD'ing a Bugatti could lead to bad people following you home and make you dead.

·
Banned
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I dropped another deuce on a single Powerball ticket.

I've already considered my under-the-radar DD: an E-Class wagon.
DD'ing a Bugatti could lead to bad people following you home and make you dead.

Really, seems plenty of rich bastards in Cali and NY seem to do this on the reg with no issues... Don't be paranoid.

·
Registered
28,822 Posts
Really, seems plenty of rich bastards in Cali and NY seem to do this on the reg with no issues... Don't be paranoid.
Try winning $1.5 Billion.
Paranoid will be the new normal.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Fool me twice...fool me...can't fool me again!

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
= Sure, winning is akin to the odds of being hit by lightning:

On a Thursday.

At 2:18. PM. On the dot.
in California, without a cloud in the sky. :laugh:

·
Registered
CarTruck
10,539 Posts
And you ask why...?

nothing in my post was about math, simply odds.
you seem smitten. i won't burst your bubble.

*lottery is for those who can't do math. in order to get the odds. what do you do? you'll have better odds and fun at a roulette table if you want to burn money.

(again, have fun but don't think buying a crap ton more will increase your probability more than 0)

·
Banned
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I'm realistic about the odds, but someone has to win. Who wouldn't spare a couple bucks for a chance at a life-changing jackpot? Me and the gf are in with a couple auto-picks.

Exactly, guy above acts like we don't know the odds are against us, severely lol. NEWS FLASH, we weren't born yesterday. We play (me for the first time ever) because of the aura of this one, and secondly, why the **** not? $200 I have spent isn't a **** load of money by any stretch, rather conservative. I just think, for this one, let's have some fun.

·
Registered
26,701 Posts
Apparently WA state has some old law that you can't take a ticket out of the country, and return with it as it can be taken away and you can serve jail time. Even though the powerball website encourages out of country purchases, you can't take it with you then come back over the border if you win. Sure you can just get a rental mailbox and leave it there I guess. If I can't win the lotto max in Canada which is 1 in 28 million, I'm not winning powerball:laugh:

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
LEGALITIES:

NO --- they do not automatically disclose the identity of the winners. It is your choice for legal reasons.

the first thing any large sum winner should do IS SIGN THE DAMN TICKET, before even claiming the ticket, isecond is to find a reputable lawyer, and a financial advisor, you can afford both now....
Depending on the state. In MN (where I live) you have no choice.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.