VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well at least for today... one trail for halloween.

wish I knew about this earlier.

they plan to be open for the season by November 7th. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: (Graffix)

Quote, originally posted by Graffix »
im tellin ya nov 23rd....to sugarloaf or sunday river...i cant decide

thanksgiving... Tote Road @ Sugarloaf. Dooooo it

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
nah day after...how can i miss turkey stuffing mashed potatoes and gravy...there are 2 things in this world...ok THREE things in this worl i love more than snowboarding...my gf, my car and FOOD
EDIT: although, seeing as how ****in skinny i am u wouldnt believe this

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Re: (Graffix)

Sunday River is probably the better choice.
Don't know about you but a 3.5 to 4 hour drive to ski one trail at the loaf is a hike. Sunday river is closer and you get to sleep a little longer.
Sugarloaf Rocks However and go on this trip.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3453687
I however will not be on the snow on the friday after thanks giving.
Retail sucks.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Re: (EVIL337)

ha, you guys under estimate the power of VERMONT... Mt Snow is already allowing access... Did i spill the beans ?

i was at sunday river last year for their first day....not really impressed either.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
i have mt snow in my vote and when i went after thanksgiving last year they had more than one trail open o_O and its not full price obv

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: (fazed1)

Quote, originally posted by fazed1 »
its actually free right now

so shhhhhhh..

wait, explain. are they actaully open. or hiking access is allowed. if so... whos down for MONDAY?

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: (EvilVento2.oT)

Quote, originally posted by EvilVento2.oT »
bad juju to go before the end of nov .. all to easy to break a leg

how so? why not my arm? or my pinky toe? I might fracture my ear or eyelid or something horrific.

·
Registered
17,755 Posts
Re: (JettaJayGLS)

Quote, originally posted by JettaJayGLS »
tooo bad sunday river blows....what, oops, sorry someone had to say it
Sugarloaf FTW

i wouldnt say it blows, but it does take all day to get to one side of the mountain all the way to the other. and you have to take stupid greens which turn out to be the hardest trail because they are so icey and flat that you burn yourself out

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Re: (Dutchmastr9)

Quote, originally posted by Dutchmastr9 »

i wouldnt say it blows, but it does take all day to get to one side of the mountain all the way to the other. and you have to take stupid greens which turn out to be the hardest trail because they are so icey and flat that you burn yourself out

yes and the mountains are like 30 feet tall, its all ice and wind (although sugarloaf has a lot of wind as well) and the atmoshphere is just horrible (meaning the community there) and although they have 1xx trails, they are about 40 feet long each due to the lack of height. Take a trip to sugarloaf, ride the snowfields, visit the salsa shack, watch the CVA kids, ride with the CVA kids if you are lucky enough, watch some WSKI, and you will be a sugarloaf fan for life.

·
Registered
15,517 Posts
Re: (JettaJayGLS)

sunday river .. the vaction spot for *******s from mass. who are just learning and mostlikly to ski/ board in jeans and a "pats" starter jacket

1 - 20 of 24 Posts