VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was kind of just sitting here thinking...hmm...I would like to go to GA soon. Then I thought...hmm...maybe vortex should get a meet going.
I was thinking, get there early, show off what we have, etc.
Then go into the park and come back out and do some more at lunch, followed by more rides...see a pattern?

Anyway, I guess post up if you would be down for something like this. I am thinking maybe a month from now...on a weekday if we can coordinate a mass work call out so the park wont be super busy.

· Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Jeraass)

I guess the big problem is a workday is ideal, but for most not doable.
I guess if your interested post up if a weekday is doable if you have some advanced notice, and post up if it isnt and we can all decide from there what day will be best.
As for clubrsx...I am sure they are a nice bunch, but I went to a meet where two clubs tried to mix and play nice...didnt happen. Long story short, the younger crowd acted stupid and got us all kicked out.
I would vote to keep this a dub only meet, but thats just me.

· Registered
188 Posts
Re: (importtuner716)

I'd be in for a meet there. As an FYI, Kingda Ka and the new section of the park is scheduled to open on Friday, April 22nd (season pass holder event). I could make it on Friday's or weekend's. I'm thinking month of May would be highly desirable as, this year the park is expected to be very very crowded with KK's opening (parking passes for the 1st time now state a parking spot is not guaranteed) Park hours at a glace here: http://www.gadv.com/hours.htm Also, as an FYI, park this year actually looks clean and nice for the first time I can remember (got rid of many vending machines & stands, new landscaping, no line cutting w/ a ticket system, etc...) Basically if you have not been there in a while it looks much improved.

· Registered
13,484 Posts
Re: (weather147)

I wouldn't mind going with another club. But everyone would have to act like adults.... not like douches....but i think this is doable so just post up when we would be going. I think we should go before school lets out...less lines....less kids.....less moms...less angry dads....

· Registered
2,688 Posts
Re: (weather147)

Quote, originally posted by weather147 »
I'd be in for a meet there. As an FYI, Kingda Ka and the new section of the park is scheduled to open on Friday, April 22nd (season pass holder event). I could make it on Friday's or weekend's. I'm thinking month of May would be highly desirable as, this year the park is expected to be very very crowded with KK's opening (parking passes for the 1st time now state a parking spot is not guaranteed) Park hours at a glace here: http://www.gadv.com/hours.htm Also, as an FYI, park this year actually looks clean and nice for the first time I can remember (got rid of many vending machines & stands, new landscaping, no line cutting w/ a ticket system, etc...) Basically if you have not been there in a while it looks much improved.

Would this gtg fall on a passholders' only day? Because I don't have one.

· Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Jeraass)

I think may works well, perhaps mid may sometime, and lets see what happens on a weekend.
It may be busy, but also may be the only hope for a good turnout.
Hopefully the kids stay in school, and we should plan to be early.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.