VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

2321 - 2340 of 2375 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Checking in from Laplace, LA.

I know a bunch of misc car people from all over the area.

PM for VW meets and etc out this way, I dont mind driving a bit!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Any place to work on my AC aside from the raping the dealership will give me?

·
Registered
259 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
vag com?

Hey all, 10-year Honda veteran just making the switch to VW. Bought a 2010 Sportwagen 6spd TDI and loving it so far.
She's only a tad sluggish right off the bat on each gear and then pulls like a beast at 2k rpm. I'd like it to be consistent tho. Any suggestions?
Perhaps I'm interested in ECU flash/vag com adjustments etc but not sure where to go or how to do. Can anyone in the uptown/metairie/westbank area help?

Hot off the lot!

·
Registered
259 Posts
http://www.malonetuning.com/

that low of rpms dont have any power in any car. adapt your driving stile to put your shift points at about 1800 rpm. A tune wont really help that issue; you have to have a certain amount of airflow to get the turbo spooled and that is where your torque comes from. An intake and exhaust (of lack there of) will help a very little bit.

congrats on the new car. its not a honda.....follow the maintenance schedule like its religion. Use the correct oil.

Hey all, 10-year Honda veteran just making the switch to VW. Bought a 2010 Sportwagen 6spd TDI and loving it so far.
She's only a tad sluggish right off the bat on each gear and then pulls like a beast at 2k rpm. I'd like it to be consistent tho. Any suggestions?
Perhaps I'm interested in ECU flash/vag com adjustments etc but not sure where to go or how to do. Can anyone in the uptown/metairie/westbank area help?

Hot off the lot!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm in Laplace and metaire always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts

Hey guys what's up! I just purchased a 2012 passat se and I'm new to this car thing haha. My previous vehicle was a lifted jeep Cherokee. I'm in the Lafayette area about 2 1/2 hours away from New Orleans. I'm looking to do some minor changes to my car maybe a small drop change the wheels things like that. Just wanted to introduce myself and meet new people.

2321 - 2340 of 2375 Posts