VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2361 - 2375 of 2375 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi Ace, missed ya at the autocross, our next event is in Lafayette on the 21st of June.
Yeah, I didn't make it, had my stepdaughter in from Kansas City. Looks like I won't make the LFT date either, as that is Father's Day.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Had my windows tinted yesterday...really dresses it up, I think.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Hey Guys, have a quick question for you all. I threw a code the other day and diagnosed it down to being a bad MAF. Car is a 2004 Jetta 1.8T, would anyone in the Baton Rouge area happen to have a spare?

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
What in the cajun chemtrails???
Lol. Back from the dead.

I’m about 2 hours north of NOLA and sometimes you can see them make a lattice work of chem trails. From Ingles to MSY basically. 90% of them the winds blow in off the water so what better place to ‘treat’ the heartland. LOL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In need of a recommendation for a good shop. . .my son's 08 GTI needs some work. He's at Tulane, so something close to campus would be preferred. TIA.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
In need of a recommendation for a good shop. . .my son's 08 GTI needs some work. He's at Tulane, so something close to campus would be preferred. TIA.
I think there’s 2 dealerships nearby in the city and one across the lake. There’s also a good standalone Euro shop on Veterans but I can’t remember the name of it. I got a Revo tune on my GLI there many years ago. Other than those maybe some locals will chime in.

What’s it need done to it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think there’s 2 dealerships nearby in the city and one across the lake. There’s also a good standalone Euro shop on Veterans but I can’t remember the name of it. I got a Revo tune on my GLI there many years ago. Other than those maybe some locals will chime in.

Yes Walker VW is in Metairie and Ray Brandt VW is in Harvey. Not sure about any independent shops but it appears people have had good experiences with European Cars in Metairie. The images of the shop show a Citroen SM out front so I would think they know what’s up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts

Not sure exactly. He reports periodic rough running and it stalled at a light. I'll send him to European Cars in Metarie. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Not sure exactly. He reports periodic rough running and it stalled at a light. I'll send him to European Cars in Metarie. Thanks for the tip.
Just a quick air/fuel/fire look couldn’t hurt. Check the air filter and pull plugs if he has the socket and time. I bought a cheap Bluetooth OBD dongle and have a free app on my tablet for it that pulls basic codes. Maybe worth a shot, too.

2361 - 2375 of 2375 Posts