VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (BLKGTIVR6)

Quote, originally posted by BLKGTIVR6 »
Some other great moments:
Duke vs. Kentucky: Laettner's last second shot; arguably the greatest college basketball game ever.

don't remind me
It's bad enough it is replayed every year in the CBS NCAA intro theme.
"there's the pass to Laettner..............he SSSSSSSSSCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOORRRRRREEEEEESSSSSSSS!"
damn pool-wrecking laettner....

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (CheddaJetta)

Leon Lett, Thanksgiving 1993?
Whenever it was, I was there. Pretty bad.

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (Belfi)

Leon Lett, when Beebe chased him down and saved the TD?
That was AWESOME

·
Banned
784 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (banzaimf)

Kevin Johnson (KJ - Phoenix Suns PG) dunked on Olajuwon

Also when Ginobli dunked on Kobe!

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (fkngruvn)

How about Grammatica blowing out his knee celebrating a field goal?

·
Registered
14,300 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (VAX97)

Bo Jackson running up Brian Bozworths nuts,then his chest,then stepping on his head to then score.

Or John Starks going baseline and dunking on the Bulls mainly Pip and Jordan.

Modified by babydaddy at 12:01 PM 10-14-2004

·
Banned
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (fkngruvn)

Quote, originally posted by fkngruvn »

No doubt. Don't you have an original thought?

Don't you know how to read?

Quote, originally posted by Gateway »
I'm getting these from a few different websites.

Please keep the off-topic posts to yourself. Lets keep this thread on-topic. If you have an issue with this thread, please contact a Moderator. Thanks

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (babydaddy)

Quote, originally posted by babydaddy »
Bo Jackson running up Brian Bozworths nuts,then his chest,then stepping on his head to then score.

10x better was Bo throwing out Harold Reynolds --- that was sick.
Btw, when Bo scored through Boz it wasn't anything like you described but it was still an impressive play.

·
Banned
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (VAX97)

Quote, originally posted by VAX97 »

Btw, when Bo scored through Boz it wasn't anything like you described but it was still an impressive play.

I agree. Being a Seattle fan, I hate it when this play is mentioned as above. Although, the boz was kind of overrated.

·
Banned
784 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (Gateway)

The Ickey (Woods) Shuffle http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (Gateway)

Quote, originally posted by Gateway »

I agree. Being a Seattle fan, I hate it when this play is mentioned as above. Although, the boz was kind of overrated.

Yeah, that whole play has been blown HUGELY out of proportion ever since it happened. I saw it live and then subsequently forgot about it, then read about it once and looked it up online. Watching the play happen on video is a LOT less impressive than most people make it out to be in print.

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (VikingVR6GTI)

Quote, originally posted by VikingVR6GTI »

Yeah, that whole play has been blown HUGELY out of proportion ever since it happened. I saw it live and then subsequently forgot about it, then read about it once and looked it up online. Watching the play happen on video is a LOT less impressive than most people make it out to be in print.

For me it's quite the opposite. I remember watching that game with my dad and still remember it till this day. I love that play.

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (GSTGuy)

Quote, originally posted by GSTGuy »

For me it's quite the opposite. I remember watching that game with my dad and still remember it till this day. I love that play.

Well I think one reason it was so huge when it happened is Bosworth was supposed to be the baddest mutha f'er around and Bo "ran over" him. But if you ever see the video again, it was hardly running over him. More like breaking his tackle. Impressive, but not all it was made out to be. Especially in hindsight since Boz ended up being such a bust.

·
Banned
784 Posts
Re: (GSTGuy)

How bout Gus Frerotte?
Yeah! Let me headbutt a wall and concuss myself!

haha I remember that.
Wasn't it a Monday night game too? Even funnier.

·
Registered
23,018 Posts
Re: (GSTGuy)

How bout Gus Frerotte?
Yeah! Let me headbutt a wall and concuss myself!

And destroy a potentially good career while I'm at it.

The Saints history and luck comes down to two plays...the River City Relay and then the missed XP. PERFECT example.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (banzaimf)

Quote, originally posted by banzaimf »
Leon Lett, when Beebe chased him down and saved the TD?
That was AWESOME

lol, no, the other super-bonehead play, against the dolphins, that cost them the game.
The Beebe blunder only cost them the record for most points EVER scored in a Super Bowl. Sadly, thanks to that jack-nut, the 69ers still hold the title at 52, IIRC.

·
Registered
237 Posts

Goose bumps reading that what can I say. Thanks but come on Doug Flutie not a top 24, do you rember last year and the cubs, what about the a guy who goes by the name MJ and all the s..t he pull out of his ass in Chicago. But I am not complaing I loved read it.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

21 - 40 of 73 Posts