VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (backwoods)

Greatest moment...
04 Boston Red Sox come back vs the Yankees, from being down 0-3, and tie the playoff series up at 3-3.
To be continued.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (Gateway)

Most embarrassing? Tom Lasorda getting kocked over by a broken bat in the 2001 All Star Game.

·
Banned
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (nicedream)

Quote, originally posted by nicedream »
Most embarrassing? Tom Lasorda getting kocked over by a broken bat in the 2001 All Star Game.

Good one. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (Gateway)

Quote, originally posted by Gateway »
Greatest moment...
04 Boston Red Sox come back vs the Yankees, from being down 0-3, and tie the playoff series up at 3-3.
To be continued.

Still pending, 3 hours and counting.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts

Infamous Fumble!
In one of the more memorable moments in NFL history, the Vikings jarred the ball loose from 49ers' halfback Billy Kilmer during the fourth quarter of Minnesota's 27-22 win in San Francisco on October 25, 1964.
Teammate Jim Marshall promptly snagged the ball and sprinted 66 yards to the end zone. Unfortunately for Marshall, he had gone the wrong way and scored a safety for San Francisco.

http://www.profootballhof.com/...=1207

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (Ntrikit)

Most embarassing? I think we're witnessing it right now.

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (Ntrikit)

Most embarrassing moment to me is when Matt Hasselbeck said "we want the ball, and we're gonna score!" vs the Packers late last season (IIRC). Needless to say, they didn't score and wound up losing.

·
Banned
784 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (BLKGTIVR6)

Quote, originally posted by BLKGTIVR6 »
Most embarassing? I think we're witnessing it right now.

I have to agree.

·
Banned
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (Bex)

Quote, originally posted by Bex »
Most embarrassing moment to me is when Matt Hasselbeck said "we want the ball, and we're gonna score!" vs the Packers late last season (IIRC). Needless to say, they didn't score and wound up losing.

Don't remind me.

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (Bex)

it has to be embarrasing for the Yankees to lose 4 straight.
Way to go Ruben!

·
Banned
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

Quote, originally posted by Gateway »
Greatest moment...

Then win Game 4 and go to the world series.
"The Greatest Comeback Ever!"
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by Gateway at 12:39 AM 10-21-2004

·
Registered
13,314 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (banzaimf)

Quote, originally posted by banzaimf »
it has to be embarrasing for the Yankees to lose 4 straight.
Way to go Ruben!

not Rubens fault...ah who cares THE SOX WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Banned
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (redsoxreturns)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
17,937 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Ntrikit »
Infamous Fumble!
In one of the more memorable moments in NFL history, the Vikings jarred the ball loose from 49ers' halfback Billy Kilmer during the fourth quarter of Minnesota's 27-22 win in San Francisco on October 25, 1964.
Teammate Jim Marshall promptly snagged the ball and sprinted 66 yards to the end zone. Unfortunately for Marshall, he had gone the wrong way and scored a safety for San Francisco.

http://www.profootballhof.com/...=1207

He'll never live that down. I talked to him once and at the end of the conversation, he actually went out of his way to thank me for not bringing it up. "We need more fans like you" he said. Made me feel pretty good.

·
Registered
16,423 Posts

Most embarassing has to be when Steve Lyons pulled down his pants to brush the dirt off after sliding into first base. I think it was a 1990 ChiSox game in Detriot.

·
Banned
784 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (GeoffD)

Most embarrassing is last year's Minnesota Vikings going 6-0 and not making the playoffs.

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (Broken Language)

Quote, originally posted by Broken Language »
Most embarrassing is last year's Minnesota Vikings going 6-0 and not making the playoffs.

I'm gunna have to go with the Yankees losing to the RedSox in this past series.
Funniest (in latest memory) could be maybe Bobby Valentine with the Groucho Marx costume, or Randy Johnson hitting the bird with the pitch, there's alot of funny moments.

·
Banned
784 Posts
Re: Greatest, funniest or most embarrassing moments in Sports History? (RuffDice)

Quote, originally posted by RuffDice »

I'm gunna have to go with the Yankees losing to the RedSox in this past series.
Funniest (in latest memory) could be maybe Bobby Valentine with the Groucho Marx costume, or Randy Johnson hitting the bird with the pitch, there's alot of funny moments.

Actually the funniest moment in modern times was today in the final minute of the Jets vs Patriots game...with New England fans chanting "WHO'S YOUR DADDY?!", WHO'S YOUR DADDY?!" while the Pats ran out the clock.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts