VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2301 - 2320 of 2382 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in Gville too....Mauldin area.

17 Lapiz R.

Is there an active FB group for Upstate MK7's/MQBs/VW's and meets? There's a very active Atlanta group from when I lived there. .

We should all get together!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm in Gville too....Mauldin area.

17 Lapiz R.

Is there an active FB group for Upstate MK7's/MQBs/VW's and meets? There's a very active Atlanta group from when I lived there. .

We should all get together!
There is the UECC in Greenville but they are not very active...I’d love to meet some time after the holidays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looking like I’m gonna just tackle these springs on my own. Can’t wrap my head around 500+ dollars for something I’m sure I can install. That being said anyone want to offer a helping hand? I can supply beer/food lol.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I’ve got my springs installed but I’ve got a creak/squeak noise from the front driver strut. I’m thinking I must not have the spring seated just right. Any ideas? Also it might be that I don’t have the strut mount tight enough, I was using just a battery power impact for the strut nut.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Update on the creak, took my car to vintage auto and they said the sorted it out...picking it up in a few. Excited to drive it.

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
3,843 Posts
Cars & Coffee Saturday :beer:
Planning on it. Weather is looking decent currently. :thumbup:

Update on the creak, took my car to vintage auto and they said the sorted it out...picking it up in a few. Excited to drive it.

Dave Munsey knows his stuff. :thumbup:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Cool stuff guys...not sure I’ll make it to cars and coffee this Saturday but will see. Just finished painting my beast this past weekend, still some work to do though, need to polish the whole car now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Cool stuff guys...not sure I’ll make it to cars and coffee this Saturday but will see. Just finished painting my beast this past weekend, still some work to do though, need to polish the whole car now.

That looks sweet, where did you go to do that?

·
Registered
408 Posts
That looks sweet, where did you go to do that?

Thanks man, did it myself in my garage. A lot of work but glad it’s done.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks man, did it myself in my garage. A lot of work but glad it’s done.

Holy crap, that’s impressive. Wouldn’t even know where to start. We all still need to do a meetup. I need to see that sweet whip in person

·
Registered
408 Posts
Holy crap, that’s impressive. Wouldn’t even know where to start. We all still need to do a meetup. I need to see that sweet whip in person

Yeah man, definitely looking fwd to doing a meetup, I’m down for early to mid February

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know the upstate euro car club guys meet at tropical grill on woodruff but it’s always a week night and I have 3 kids. My wifey isn’t gonna let me peace out at bath and bedtime. I’d be cool with like a lunch meetup there over the weekend

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
3,843 Posts

A friend of mine works with you, apparently. He sent me a picture of your car in the parking lot. He's got a lowered white GTI (among other cars).

·
Registered
408 Posts
A friend of mine works with you, apparently. He sent me a picture of your car in the parking lot. He's got a lowered white GTI (among other cars).
Cool! we talked briefly during a C&C event last year. We work on different buildings so we barely bump into each other. Tell him I’m the guy that used to own the white mk6 GLI.

2301 - 2320 of 2382 Posts