VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

2341 - 2360 of 2370 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
So I’ll be at trop grille tomorrow for lunch if anyone else wants to meetup. Got my car all worshed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ll be there...hopefully I’ll clean my rims a bit but didn’t have time to wash it today.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hey guys! Hope you are all good! I’ve been quite busy in the garage giving some TLC to mah beast. Here’s what I’ve done in the past week...LCI tail light retrofit and orion v2 angel eyes...and lots of coding. Post your projects too if any! This ha been the best time to be at the garage with all this pandemic going on.

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
3,664 Posts
Post your projects too if any!
Drove the Corrado around on the 4th, then dove into it on the 5th. It's getting:
  • complete engine rebuild - all parts are at the machine shop currently
  • converted from distributor vr6 to a coilpack vr6, including the engine harness - donor was a '95 Passat
  • LSD install in the original transmission
  • pads and rotors, and converting the rear calipers to mk4 rear calipers
  • axles
  • complete tie rods
  • ball joints
  • sway bar bushings/links
  • fix radio wiring since it was originally an Aktiv car and the wiring is a disaster. It's currently a 2 channel setup with everything on the front two channels. No rear channels at all.
  • another attempt at fixing the ABS by replacing the entire ABS harness. Only codes that it has come back as being a wiring issue.
  • Replacing the heater box since I broke the one in the car when I put a heater core in it 8 years ago :facepalm:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Wow! That is some project, hope you get the gremlins fixed and the car running soon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bmw looks great! Corrado has a little way to go lol. Awesome projects! Just got a remark exhaust installed on my Gti....sounds much deeper now. Love it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Bmw looks great! Corrado has a little way to go lol. Awesome projects! Just got a remark exhaust installed on my Gti....sounds much deeper now. Love it.

Dude! Sound clip?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I need help, on my way home from work I had an axle bolt fall out and that meant the axle bolt plating bracket to swing down and hit things as the wheel turned. Now there is some dark grey grease around that bolt. What is that?? Can I simply get a new axle bolt and bracket or does the grease signify some more damaged?

·
Registered
40 Posts
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg

If anybody is interested in a 2010 Jetta Wolfsburg, I posted it over in Southeast Cars and Golf V/Jetta V Classifieds. Let me know if I can't post this here.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Anyone looking for mk5 rabbit Votex front/rear/sideskirts (Candy white) or air ride parts? going a different direction with the car.

2341 - 2360 of 2370 Posts