VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2361 - 2370 of 2370 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey guys, I'm actually from Raleigh, NC but I'm in Greenville, SC often and know it very well (my in-laws live there). I just got back into VW after a decade long hiatus - picked up a 2014 CC 2.0t R-Line 6MT in Candy White. If there any normal meets I'm definitely game to show up every now and then!

Well, now I live here - off of Pelham Rd/Roper Mtn Rd area. One of you had reached out and was texting me around the time I originally posted here, but I have since replaced my phone and no longer have your number. Sorry about that. The pandemic allowed me the opportunity to work from home permanently, so I'm not required to be in the Raleigh, NC area so I'm a G'Ville resident now. I try my best to throw up V's (a.k.a Peace signs) to modded VW's whenever I'm driving around, but idk if anyone really does that anymore. Probably showing my age by doing it in the first place haha If you guys see a stock looking white CC with an NC plate rolling around, that's me.

For now, here's my mods list:

-Full APR Carbonio Intake
-GFB DV+
-Ziza LED Foglights (just installed)
-ECS Shifter Mounting Bracket Bushings (not installed)
-ECS Adjustable Clutch Pedal Stop

I'd love to increase power and all that good stuff, but I'm a little more focused on the feel of the car. So I will continue to modify the forgotten bits/pieces before I solely focus on power adders. I'll keep you guys updated on the progress of the car, although it will be slow moving since the home renovation project is holding my bank account hostage. Looking forward to networking with you guys/girls? one way or the other

·
Premium Member
'67 Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '01 S8, '13 CC
3,524 Posts
Well, now I live here - off of Pelham Rd/Roper Mtn Rd area. One of you had reached out and was texting me around the time I originally posted here, but I have since replaced my phone and no longer have your number. Sorry about that. The pandemic allowed me the opportunity to work from home permanently, so I'm not required to be in the Raleigh, NC area so I'm a G'Ville resident now. I try my best to throw up V's (a.k.a Peace signs) to modded VW's whenever I'm driving around, but idk if anyone really does that anymore. Probably showing my age by doing it in the first place haha If you guys see a stock looking white CC with an NC plate rolling around, that's me.

For now, here's my mods list:

-Full APR Carbonio Intake
-GFB DV+
-Ziza LED Foglights (just installed)
-ECS Shifter Mounting Bracket Bushings (not installed)
-ECS Adjustable Clutch Pedal Stop

I'd love to increase power and all that good stuff, but I'm a little more focused on the feel of the car. So I will continue to modify the forgotten bits/pieces before I solely focus on power adders. I'll keep you guys updated on the progress of the car, although it will be slow moving since the home renovation project is holding my bank account hostage. Looking forward to networking with you guys/girls? one way or the other
If you see an Island Grey CC with A6 wheels, that's me.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
when did you get a CC?

you didnt get rid of the s8, right?
Little over two years ago, haha. Figured I should have at least one car that had a good chance of not leaving me stranded at some point. I made sure to find a manual one.

I've still got the S8, too. I have too many cars. :laugh:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Little over two years ago, haha. Figured I should have at least one car that had a good chance of not leaving me stranded at some point. I made sure to find a manual one.

Everytime I see another CC, I look to see how it accelerates. 10x out of 10 there's no "obvious manual movement" haha love this car with a clutch pedal.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Everytime I see another CC, I look to see how it accelerates. 10x out of 10 there's no "obvious manual movement" haha love this car with a clutch pedal.
I don't recommend a tune, btw, unless you also plan to do a clutch. I did APR Stage 1+ on mine and it overpowers the stock clutch around peak torque.

·
Registered
18,750 Posts

Interesting, maybe I remember that...hmmm

too many cars, hush! :laugh:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't recommend a tune, btw, unless you also plan to do a clutch. I did APR Stage 1+ on mine and it overpowers the stock clutch around peak torque.
Ahh good bit of advice - only further backs up my effort to build up the platform before worrying about adding power. Appreciate it :thumbup:

2361 - 2370 of 2370 Posts