VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2370 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
i am actually gonna be down there for like 2 days so i can sign my lease either next week or the week after. maybe i can meet up with some of you guys? it would be like a monday to wednesday deal tho. i still have to finish my car for the drive down at the end of next month and there is alot to do still on it.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Talk to lee next sunday, hes the guy that owns the parts store. Some say hes expensive, i buy all my stuff from him and it comes back. Super nice guy once you get to know him. He does a lot of motor building.
You looking for a single or dual port?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5267081-65-beetle-build-thread...
I'll have that and should have my cabby out. Sure it will be the only one.

Very nice Cabby! Ill def. have to show up this sunday for sure.

i am actually gonna be down there for like 2 days so i can sign my lease either next week or the week after. maybe i can meet up with some of you guys? it would be like a monday to wednesday deal tho. i still have to finish my car for the drive down at the end of next month and there is alot to do still on it.
Ill be in town around greenville, just let me know and we can chill.

im off thursday and friday this week...down for something..beats being bored in easley.
:thumbup: But easley is such a action packed town lol!

You could always hang out at the new walmart!

You gonna be able to make Lee's, sunday? I'm excited, it's pretty much the debut of my beetle.
lol, I remember those days! Parkin lot pimpin!

Who knew that this thread would actually take off.. You guys should find me on Facebook, (Justin Davis) I can add you to our Dope Dubs group on FB. :wave:

·
Premium Member
'67 Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '01 S8, '13 CC
3,524 Posts
Ill be there in central Sunday next week! Looking for a 1600cc motor for my 72 beetle if anybody knows where I can find one..
Call DJ's Auto Sales in Easley. About half the time or so he has a good used 15/1600 sitting around that he'll sell. DJ is a good guy.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Call DJ's Auto Sales in Easley. About half the time or so he has a good used 15/1600 sitting around that he'll sell. DJ is a good guy.
Yeah I know about those guys out there, they actually rebuilt the head in my gti. I have made a few calls up there but they want more than I can afford at the moment. Not overpriced just more than I can spend. Lol

·
Premium Member
'67 Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '01 S8, '13 CC
3,524 Posts
Yeah I know about those guys out there, they actually rebuilt the head in my gti. I have made a few calls up there but they want more than I can afford at the moment. Not overpriced just more than I can spend. Lol
Their used motors usually sell in the $4-600 ballpark...? :sly:

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Used, not a rebuilt. I paid 300 for my sp 40 horse.
Ok obviously im not up with old vw community like I thought I was. I dont care if its used, I just wanna get it running again.

edited for page ownage..

getting her ready for a paint job at the moment.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Lee doesn't breath oxygen, he is strictly nicotine and tobacco. I didn't have a chance to talk to him yesterday but headed there again today.
lol, good ol cancer sticks! He is in good company.. while it lasts. haha.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
oh btw.. im also lookin for some oem jetta headlights (mk4) as mine were more part of a trade and not purchased by choice. If anybody has an old set layin around.. idc if they are hazed and ugly ill buy them.

21 - 40 of 2370 Posts