VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
2101 - 2120 of 2212 Posts

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Patience. It took me a good 20+ years to get my Callaway on the road. It was suppose to be put into 2-3 different cars, they all got totaled. I put a ship ton of money in my 401k, retirement accounts, family, house, etc. I worked 50-60 hour weeks for years. All that time pushed my project future to the future. Now that the future is here, all that time I pushed my project off, is doing well. Not completely, my dash is still out of the car.

Boost will come, it will all work out and if it does not, it was not meant to be.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,102 · (Edited)
Patience. It took me a good 20+ years to get my Callaway on the road. It was suppose to be put into 2-3 different cars, they all got totaled. I put a ship ton of money in my 401k, retirement accounts, family, house, etc. I worked 50-60 hour weeks for years. All that time pushed my project future to the future. Now that the future is here, all that time I pushed my project off, is doing well. Not completely, my dash is still out of the car.

Boost will come, it will all work out and if it does not, it was not meant to be.
guess it's time to work on the booster issue while I wait for another opportunity.

IMO if I didnt want it enough, then I wont get it. The universe will provide. You just have to know what you want. :)

and I guess 9 months isnt that long of a wait.

Edit: The door window stuff will be here today. Will be able to fix that, fix the vapor barrier, and put the door card back on. Fook yah!

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I've been down that road too. Something I wanted so much never happened is a sign of something.

Then there were times I spent an entire weekend in the Toppenish Valley on a hill top wanting to fly my hang glider. The winds were wrong and never did get to fly. I could have, but with the conditions that were there, I elected to choose not to.

Ever fly a hang glider where you fly 20 mph and the wind is actually 30 mph? Yeah, bad decision that day. I had to land with with a negative ground speed. I dodged a huge bullet that day. The whole ordeal is that you knew that you were screwed 10 minutes before you landed.

Focus on getting a job, get your life on track, build a good foundation, and then get the car boosted.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,106 · (Edited)
shrugs cant really pull the window out again easily. Pretty tight in there. idk always something. I did add fender washers to those bolts. I was not a fan of how that was. s.

Edit: Think ill just leave it be, its better than it was. The regulator is also super worn. So, when I address that in the future. Will try to get the glass to seat fully.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,107 ·
Sounds like the window can come out and installed with it on? Ah... Yah Ill do that next time I mess with it. Needs the regulator anyways. Ok well... learned something new. Will make it 100% perfect another day.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,110 · (Edited)
Great. No window regulators in the states... Gotta order from heritage. Guess I did want some pedal bushings. I just want that darn rattle to stop. Its kind of worse with the window more seated now. Guess ill try to deal with it till i get a job. No point in spending $20 in shipping for just one item.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,114 ·
Looks like isolating the rad fan ground from the fusebox fixed the oil pressure gauge issue. Im reading more correct now with the fans running. Can I get a what what!?

makes sense, fusebox was never design for the rad fan ground to be running into it.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,116 · (Edited)
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Gas Auto part

I need to get a 12g male connector to finish the main input power. But outside of that holy beans that looks super clean.

It took A bit of time to get the fan ground to route nicely and look clean. Cant even see it. Goes to the body ground now. Not to the fusebox.

Once I reroute the alt to battery 6g wire (the big red one you see) to in front of the rad so its hidden. Its gonna look dope af.

But anywho. Im happy the harness isnt too short now. The temp sensor plug would sometimes pull out. Super stoked the oil gauge is reading better with the fan on.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,118 ·
See......All that testing resulted in something happening positive. The shot gun will start to get cobwebs on it. Mr Ohm would be proud.
here's some better news. The ECU isnt just dumping fuel at max temp anymore. The a/f would drop down to 13.6-13.8 to cool the engine down.

High speed fan is for sure working better, no doubt. It drops down in temp super quick once it turns on.

oil pressure still reads a tad low just due to the voltage drop, but its much better than before, plus the above benefits are the real winners. I now know its reading lower when fans run, and thats fine. Not having it jump around was the goal.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,119 · (Edited)
Auto part Metal Wire Car Vehicle

Not a fan of that fuse block location. But getting better. Cleaned up the trans ground. You can see the rad ground in the bottom right.

Will be cleaning up the one starter power wire with new heat shrink once it stops raining.

will be nice to get those hydraulic steering lines out of there some day.

2101 - 2120 of 2212 Posts