VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting the red wrapped on the gli and trying to cut down on labor costs. Can’t seem to find a walk through for removing the grille? Sorry if this is covered elsewhere

·
Registered
201 Posts
I know you can remove the grill but you have to take the front bumper off, I beleive some did a post with a step by step a few months ago but I don’t remember exactly where it is

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me know if anyone can link it below. Not trying to ruin my wife’s new car to save $75

·
Registered
190 Posts
I believe it should be similar to this:

The video is for Headlight upgrades but around the 1min mark they do the grill removal.
The MK7 GLI and GTI share many things in common so that video should apply to the GLI.
No bumper removal needed.

·
Registered
2020 GLI S DSG
59 Posts
The GTI was super easy. I did it myself to install a new "GTI" badge when my "I" went missing. :LOL:

Just from eyeballing it, the GLI's grille does seem to be attached to the bumper cover as well.

·
Registered
2020 Jetta GLI
39 Posts
To remove the grill, it looks like you need to remove the bumper. Not sure if you are just wrapping, why you can’t do this on the car. Here is a “how to“ from this page to remove the bumper -

·
Registered
340 Posts
To remove the grill, it looks like you need to remove the bumper.
To remove the grill on an S, one must indeed remove the bumper cover. It's a PITA, I did it to change the horns.

To remove the grill on a GLI, as described in the video earlier in this thread, requires only some screw removal up top, and would be lots easier.

·
Registered
2020 Jetta GLI
39 Posts
To remove the grill on an S, one must indeed remove the bumper cover. It's a PITA, I did it to change the horns.

To remove the grill on a GLI, as described in the video earlier in this thread, requires only some screw removal up top, and would be lots easier.
The above video is for a GTI, when I looked at my GLI it did not look the same and looked like I would have to remove the bumper. Have not done it yet so I can’t say for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts