VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! I have a 2012 VW Jetta GLI. Stage 1 w/ Intake by APR. Downpipe also installed, but I was waiting on the clutch to go to stage 2 as it was already slipping in the low torque version of the stage 1 tune.

I just had a southbend stage 2 daily installed. I picked it up and drove it home. On my way home I noticed a loud grinding sound above 30% throttle. At cruising throttle I hear no noise at all. This noise is present in all gears. More audible if I am slightly lugging the engine. In neutral I hear no out of place noise (other than the slight chatter that is expected from a SMF). The noise is most present when I am starting from 2nd gear. It's going back to the mechanic tomorrow, but I'm just curious if anyone has any idea what I could be up against. I can make a video if that would help the diagnosis.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Follow up in the event that anyone else has this issue. Spoke to South Bend before I went back to the mechanic. They stated it's normal and should quiet down as the dampening springs wear in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts