VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So before I bring it in to Stohlman's VW, I thought I would post my problem and see if anyone has experienced this before.
In my manual 2001 jetta WE, when i shift into reverse, i feel the car jolt, and when i shift into reverse very slowly there's some definate grinding (yes, the clutch is all the way in). no problem backing up, and no problem shifting out, but going in to reverse in the past two weeks is not the same as it used to me.
also, sometimes i really have to push it hard into first when starting from a stoplight or whatever.
anyone else having this problem??? i have a service contract (extended warranty) so i want to get it fixed for sure...
thanks,
david

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
they wont fix it.... I have tried numorous times... Every time I went back to pick up my car it shifted fine like they did a temporary fix and a week later the problem returned...

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Re: (AllCityDubs)

reverse will always grind unless ur completely stopped cuz its not synchro meshed liek all the other gears, so that could be it but dunno what else it could be....

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Re: grinding in reverse? notchy 1st too... (dfischer1)

Are you trying to shift in to reverse while moving forward? If so that could be your problem, reverse does not have syncros. If that is not the case maybe the shifter is out of allignment? Just make sure they fix it, Stohlmans blows.(Only problem is so do all the other dealers in NoVa) Good luck!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts