VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to go turbo down the road, like 250whp or whatnot, could I still get away w/15's and some sticky rubber or should I upgrade to 17's? Would 15's just spin to oblivion and never hookup on my quest for friction? I'm kinda confused, because 205's would be the same width on 15's as 17s', so why would the 17's grip better.....or would they

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Re: GRIP: 15" vs 17" (germanrox)

i think you'd go with a larger wheel if you want a lower profile tire.In other words,if you want to hang corners real well,then go with a 17" and low profile tire.
If you keep the 15" and use a low profile tire,then you'll have alot of wheel well gap and of course that don't look good.

·
Registered
7,434 Posts
Re: GRIP: 15" vs 17" (germanrox)

All a larger rim is going to do is give you improved cornering and higher top speed [ not a whole lot but some ]
Or said another way this summer I bought some 17's . The front tires [Nitto 205/40/17] sucked and they broke loose easier than my winter tires which were 195/50/15

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.