VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Re: (diive4sho)

looks good, but whydid you raise the floor over the edge of the hatch if you put the tank inside the spare tire well. it should've been low enough, or it wasnt??

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Re: (Grig85)

Quote, originally posted by Grig85 »

that was the whole problem, I didnt like the fact of raising the floor over the edge, but with the way my trunkspace and spare tire pan is structured I had no options. Its either that or Tank on the outside, and I didnt want to show the tank. I really wish my spare tire tub had a D shape instead of O, then I could just put everything inside and not worry about false floor.

yeah, all mk5s have that too, its stupid. idk why VW didnt leave it open like in hte PAssats, or mk4s. Looks good though. When are you doing the rest of the install, bags/struts?

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Grig85)

not too much of a good idea, unless you have a way to have it pressure tested, and w/ the work it needs to be perfect you might as well do the same thing Paul did and do the dual 3 gallon tanks, or even 2.5 gallon tanks. Also it wont be a a 5gallon anymore, it may be a 4.XXXXXXX gallon.. idk...
i wouldnt do that.

·
Registered
14,155 Posts

I have 2 questions tho. this is my first time ever dealing with air and I am a bit worried about the whole relay process. I wired it up right and I got 100-140 switch, 480cc, and a 5 gallon tank. How long does it take for tank to fill up? I would assume single 480cc is not capable of blowing up the tank but still its my first time and just wondering what if switch is bad
. Second question is about my valveblock I think I mess'd up a bit with confusing dump and inflate ports

here is what it looks like and I am sure many ppl used it, and can let me know the answer.
block has 2x1/4 ports and 2x3/8 ports are the bigger ports for inflating the bags or for dumping air out?

You should have a gauge for the air pressure on the tank. Put it in your glove box or something. A 480 can take anywhere between 4-6 minutes to fill up a 5 gallon form 0-150psi. From 110-140 (or w/e switch u got) usually takes amount 1.5 minutes.
As for the block. There should be a port that says "IN" that, then you have 2 ports that go to the bags. one says L and one R. htey should be next to each other. then there should be 2 smaller ports that are for dump. then you have the ones for the air sending units, or in your case the fittings that go to the gauges.
Here are some pics from Squillos Passat that i did.

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Re: (Rat4Life)

Quote, originally posted by Rat4Life »
Erik Bljaha gde obeshannie fotki?
Where are the pics man?

x2

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
that looks awesome..
Those front struts can be cut down even more on the bottom tube that goes to the bracket. And Those leader lines are long as hell.

·
Registered
14,155 Posts

looks so sweet in those pics, that pshop needs to happen?
btw i wanna know what the new wheels are gonna be?

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Re: (michgo2003)

wheels are sold
so rocking the stocks for now, and enjoying the ballon tires. new wheels will be here in couple of the weeks, and I will be searching for some tires during winter. I am also reduing my management with bigger alu tank, another compressor and new floor. not that I dont like my floor now but 5gl tank is too small for this car.

You can do 3 smaller tanks, like 3 gallons each or something or u can get like 7 gallon that is longer, but thinner. After 7 gallons ur looking @ like 10, or 12.

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Re: (The_Sauce)

Quote, originally posted by The_Sauce »
Damn... My pops is honestly scared of my car. Even riding in it...

x2.... they dont understand why i f'ed up my car so much by lowering it, they think its dumb...

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Re: (bagyardairride)

those look freaking amazing. i wish i could get something local do to something like that.
ok here are my questions, cus i'm a bit confused since the shock isnt attached.
the shock attaches to the top of the bearing http://i91.photobucket.com/alb...2.jpg in this pic?
and then the bearing its inside of the very top aluminum piece right? will the bearing work while its sealed and all? or are the "O" rings gonna get messed up from the friction of turning..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.